New Balance N4

Options
Hi Everyone

I just bought the new balance N4 HRM and I am trying to set it up but find it a bit confusing, i entered my age, weight and height and not sure what i need to set the level at so now it is on level 1 but do I need to alter the bpm? (the high and low)?

any suggestions would be great, and yes i do have the instruction but they are not that easy to understand if you are new, well not to me lol

thanks in advance!

Replies

• Jenism1
    Jenism1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hiya! When I got my HRM, not the same as yours, it said to enter the top end heart rate as 220 - your age. So for me, my highest maximum heart rate is 220-44=176. I then set the low rate to 80. Not sure why I chose 80 but there ya go.

Not sure if I am using it correctly or not. I have to look through my manual again! What I know for sure is the 220 minus your age for the maximum heart rate.

Hope that helps a little!
  • yensidtoon
    yensidtoon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I got my hrm yesterday and I got the Polar FT4. It automatically set the heart rate for exercise to be anything between 112 and 180.
  • time4jenn
    time4jenn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    thanks, I will try and read the manual again lol
  • iputtheawinlawl
    iputtheawinlawl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Could anyone with a manual for N4 help me out?
    I just had to replace the batteries for the first time in 2 years (I love my hrm!) but now everything has defaulted to factory settings. I can't find a manual online and I lost mine many moons ago. Can anyone explain:

1. The difference between level 1, 2, &3? I always just set mine on 2 and I now i don't remember what the differences were..
    2. How do I reset the time and date?

Thanks!