I HAD to get some new shorts!!!

Options
rlinson
rlinson Posts: 62 Member
Last week I wrote about all my clothes not fitting any more. Well it has been so HOT here in Kentucky (upper 80s to low 90s) that wearing shorts is pretty much a must when I am not working. The problem is that I had only one pair of shorts that fit at all and wearing them for 3 or 4 days in a row was getting a little yucky. I decided on Saturday to remedy that and went to Plato's Closet consignment shop. I grabbed a couple pairs of 34 inch waist jeans and on a whim grabbed a couple pairs of 32 inch shorts. Guess what!! The jeans were WAY TOO BIG on me. I took them off and eagerly tried on the shorts - well what do you know? they fit!!!!! I haven't worn 32 inch waist since the mid 80s. Next stop was the mall. I sign at Banana Republic about pants for $20 caught my eye. BR tends to run a bit small, so I was searching through the pants that were on sale and found a very rare 33 inch waist with the correct length. I also grabbed a 34 inch waist. Again the 34 was too big, but the 33 was a perfect fit!! I am so thrilled to be down to this size!! I am wearing the BR pants to work today and feel so good in them!! My niece's wedding is in 12 days - I am soooo ready for this!!

Replies

• busyiam
    busyiam Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Congrats. It's a wonderful feeling when we can go down in size.You are doing great,keep it up.
  • XoXoCountryGalXoXo
    XoXoCountryGalXoXo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Had the same experience over the weekend. I have avoided buying pants or kapris because nothing seems to fit right! Went from a size 12 to a size 8 in the last year! Makes shopping so much fun and way more inspirational!
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    Yay for you!!! That is the GREATEST feeling Ever!!! I'm so proud of you!
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    YOU GOTTA LOVE IT! CONGRATS TO MAN!
  • dj_stevie_c
    dj_stevie_c Posts: 270
    Options
    Happy Monday post :) Congratulations.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's great!!! :happy: I love shopping for new clothes & having to get a smaller size!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!