Losing the stomach "pouch" after 2 C-Sections

Options
I have a question. I had to have 2 c-sections and was told that without surgery, I would never be able to tighten up the "pouch" of skin that has been hanging over and growing larger since 1998. I am wanting to lose 60 pounds before June 29th (17 down with 43 to go) and would love for that skin to tighten as I go.

My question is has anyone had any success with the skin tightening as they lose the weight? Or do you end up having to have the skin removed surgically anyway?

Replies

• Tllindsey47
    Tllindsey47 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Shelley,
    I have the same question. Hopefully somebody will have a miracle answer. :smile:
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    If it's just loose floppy skin your only option might be surgery. I'd speak to a doctor about it to determine whether it's that or something that might eventually go away with diet/exercise.
  • 5hellz
    5hellz Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I hope so too cuz I took my before pics today and that pouch is a very frustrating blocker that could knock me off my goals if it doesn't change....and I don't want it too
  • KatieHall77
    KatieHall77 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I can offer my own experience. Hope it helps in some way! I had a very large baby boy (about ten pounds) nearly four years ago, and that was my exact experience. I had a saggy area of skin that looked like a war zone. At first, with taking care of a new baby I just had no time to take care of myself.

So around this time last year, I started dieting with a lower carb and lower calorie regime plus light exercise. I read online about using a band to "retrain" the area as you get back in shape. The sites said you should wear a bella band, or any similar undergarment, it helps tighten the area. The body shapers in any underwear department will do. It also said to practice holding the muscles, and you will start to notice a difference. You don't have to wear the band every day, but holding your muscles is the real ticket. The exercise is simple, like holding in your stomach, I have been doing this for about a year along with my diet and i can honestly say that after a year of this it has indeed gotten much better. Not a miracle, but I feel a whole lot better about how that area looks now.

Good luck I hope you find something that works for you too!
  • gidgeclev
    gidgeclev Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    One emergency C section 22 years ago and the overhang has never gone away no matter what weight I've been. Sorry...you just have to live with it.
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    <~~~~ yes you can! I had 2 c-sections let me see if I can find a before picture
  • shellyenglersnyder
    shellyenglersnyder Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think if you lose enough fat, it will go away. I have had 2 c-sections and my stomach is flat. I wasn't sure it was possible either, TBH.
  • x4mygirlsx
    x4mygirlsx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    ive had one natural and 2 c sections in the last 4yrs after the last one 6 months ago i really thought i would be left with a horrible saggy belly. but as ive lost the weight it has shrunk too. im hopefully as i continue to loss the rest it might go completely

my pics are here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/911688-hashimoto-success-story-in-progress-pics
  • 5hellz
    5hellz Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have hope now! I can live with a little pouch but what I have now just disgusts me...of course it's been 14 years since I had my last baby so I'm hoping my body adjusts to the weight loss
  • lstok873
    lstok873 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    In the same boat. Thanks for the link poster above! 2 c sections right in a row. I saw my pouch shrink a bit when I got back to prepregnancy after my first. My littlest one is 5 months old and I'm determined to get rid of this pouch for good. I lost all my pregnancy weight. But am 20 away from my realistic goal & 40 away from what the calculators tell me is healthy. I'm 5'1 167 right now. 145-147 is my realistic, calculators put me in the 120s as healthy. I'm eating healthy, 5 times a day & am doing a second round if Insanity. I lost 48lbs of pregnancy weight and am losing 1-2lbs a week right now. I'm trying to do it right this time and if thus doesn't get rid of the pouch..I don't think anything will. I'm happy too with a little bump or a little skin, I've come to terms with the fact that my bikini days are over. But I hate the lopsided large flap!! If anyone wants to friend me, I've had some friends that were csection buds Dwindle on here!