Depressed - help needed!

Options
Hi all

I'm working really hard at the moment and suffering from 'no results blues'.

I'm 5'8.5'' female, 31. For the last year I've been fluctuating between 155-170lbs. The year before I lost a fair amount, but wasn't on MFP, but to give you an idea, I was a size 16-18 (UK) and now I'm a 10-12.

I'm really proud of what I've acheived, but, despite changing my exercise routine in the last few weeks, I've not seen any weight loss benefits!

I was cycling (total) 10 miles a day commuting and doing 3-4 sessions of basic strength training. I upped my weights pretty regularly - now lifting 5kg biceps and 1kg leg weights (strap on ones!)

Now I'm trying out different circuit training vids to up my cardio, I've gone low carb (just veg with meals, no pasta, potato or rice) and initially I saw a drop (see my diary) but now I've jumped back up again and can't seem to shift it! I'm doing 45 min of cardio every other day, and still cycling too!

I did wonder if I used the MFP measurements part would help - waist, thighs etc and I may see a drop there which would keep me motivated!

Any advice/motivation highly valued!

Ideally, I'd like to be 145 (we can dream, right?!)

KM

Replies

• omgwtfddr
    omgwtfddr Posts: 10
    Options
    You should definitely use the measurements! You are weight training, and that can increase muscle mass which will affect your results on the scale.

You also may want to look into altering your meal habits, such as eating 5 smaller meals/day instead of 3 meals. This simple change should increase your metabolism and aid in dropping lbs.

I hope this helped! And keep it up! You will reach your goal, you just have to find something that works for you.

Cheers,

Scott

(edited, because I apparently can't spell.)
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I agree with Scott. I am going through the same thing as you are right now. My trainer measured me about a week ago and I am banned from the scales. I can only weigh myself once a week now (and that is only cause I am in a challenge on here and also at my gym). But now he has me measuring every two weeks. But I noticed last night when I was trying on a bunch of my clothes that they are fitting much better and I got rid of a huge bin of clothes again. Hang in there and keep doing what you are doing

Jessica