Insanity Back probelms

Options
blh_1010
blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
Hey,

I just started insanity and today is my third day. My lower back hurts really bad when I bend. Has anyone else experienced this?

I don't do an exercise if I feel like I can do the move correctly yet, and if my form is starting to falter I use that as a water break time to recoop a little.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Replies

• blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I hurt my lower back a little doing Insanity so I just backed off doing some of the high knee jumps for a day or two and also used some heat and ice on it.

Worth trying what worked for me. Bottom line rest when needed even if you need that extra day or two. As your core strengthens so will your lower back!

For me when I started Insanity I had to hold on to the walls, cars, trees ... anything as my legs were so sore that first week!!

What doesn't kill you makes you....
  • meganmango10
    Options
    I just started Insanity 2 days ago and immediately after my lower back gave off a pinching and sharp pain. I don't know why it hurts but I couldn't bed or hunch at all after working out. So I thought it was because of me being so out of shape and weight putting strain on my back. I took ibuprofen and today is day 2 of rest. I will wait till tom and do light stretches and toning specific to my lower back before I go on the Insanity again just to be on the safe side. I will do hip hop abs instead since that doesn't require much bending and back contortions.
  • Mayra821
    Mayra821 Posts: 1
    Options
    I had this same problem today, but a hot shower and some hip and lower back stretches cleared it up.
  • shadowfax_3601
    shadowfax_3601 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it now for about two months. I had back surgery for a herniated disk a few years back, and that first week, I thought I had another one. I kept starting and stopping and starting and stopping and only did what I could and no more. I took it very easy on the jumping portions for awhile. Sometimes I would do leg lifts when they were doing jumps. I think once I got to where I could stretch properly, then my back issues almost all but disappeared. I can now do almost all of the exercises properly (I still have a hard time with the level 3 drills and the power jumps) but I have lost almost 20 lbs this year..