1 Year Down. Not there yet, but close...

Options
Mommagoose4
Mommagoose4 Posts: 132 Member
So a year ago today I was morbidly obese. Weighing in a whopping 247.7 lbs. I knew I had to change something before I ended up with diabetes as I had gestational diabetes with my last child & was at risk of Diabetes as an adult.

So I changed - small changes, I started logging food. I started exercising, I got up at the crack of stupid 530am (I am NOT a morning person) with my husband & he left for work & I completed my first workout of my adult life.

It's been a bumpy road. I don't believe in anyone thing/fade to lose weight. I worked hard. I went from having 44.7% body fat (after I dropped my first 30 lbs) (95lbs of fat) to 27.8% (55lbs of body fat.) I am currently still down 65 lbs all together & weigh in at 182.4 lbs. I still have 17.6 lbs to go to my final goal. At that point I will focus on toning & strengthening & hopefully getting rid of this pouch. If my weight drops below 165 lbs I don't mind. I would love to see 145-155 lbs as my ultimate goal but I am no spring chicken & I believe I will be happy at 165 lbs.

So today being 1 yr since I got serious & had a plan I got out my maternity pants that I was still wearing & were too tight a year after my last son was born (so embarrassed to say that).

Here are my numbers starting 247.7 - now 182.4

My body fat% 44.7+% now 27.8%

I lost 2 ring sizes on my left hand - 1.5 on my right

Even my shoe size went down from 8 to 7 LOL

Went from morbidly obese to overweight

3X t-shirts to - large (sometimes medium)

Pants now in a 32 (Canadian sizes)

IMG_0474_zps0d0afb29.jpg

I would like to note that the pants I now wear are getting loose & fall off me & are baggy in spots.
Pants on top are what I wear now...
IMG_0479_zpse65ff100.jpg

Here is a comparison I did - however I didn't have the best scale & was actually weighing in 2 lbs light - so I was 2 lbs heavier than it says

newcomparison_zpsd3a491fc.gif

I couldn't have done it without all my wonderful friends I have made here & the support of my family. 1 year down & in the next year I know I will reach my goals.

Replies

• lovemehobo
    Options
    Congratulations, you look fantastic
  • XoCountryGirl
    XoCountryGirl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job. You look awesome. Keep it up!!:drinker:
  • HodderAL
    HodderAL Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you and all that you have accomplished!! You're fitting into ONE leg of your old jeans... that's crazy!!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    fantastic job!
  • CCusedtodance
    CCusedtodance Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You look great and you deserve a round of applause for all that hard work!
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you my friend! I looooove the pictures and you fitting into one leg of those pants - AMAZING! Keep up the great work and you will continue to succeed and get to where you want to be! Woohooooo!
  • Mommagoose4
    Mommagoose4 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Wow I look bad - can you tell I am running on no sleep, sick & chased 4 kids around all day??
    Thank you all for your kind words. Not there yet but I am getting there & getting there fast.
  • crossfit_lover
    crossfit_lover Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!