5'7 started at 263 down to 248 and Stuck! Help

Options
I am wondering if anyone else has this problem this is my second go run at this the first time I went from 270 to 247 I gained it back up to 263 and now I am stuck at 248. What are somethings I can't try, Crazy thing is I exercise way more this time around.

Replies

• seedawg23
    seedawg23 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I know I got stuck at a plateau after going from 222lbs to 210 because I wasn't eating enough. Scale didn't move again until I upped my calories by 300+. I went from eating 1340cal to 1650 and the lbs started dropping again. I recently hit another pseudo plateau and have increased my intake. Waiting to see my results. Good luck!
  • alt1268
    alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am not sure how long u have been stuck but hold in there. Have u checked your tdee? Are you eating healthy?
  • lorrmong
    lorrmong Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try doing your regular exercises with ankle or wrist weights, maybe that will push you through the plateau?
  • beccalyse
    beccalyse Posts: 21
    Options
    When I plateau, I intermittent fast. I'm not necessarily saying you need to do the same, but that's what works for me.

Another thing to try is changing up your workout. Try HIIT (high intensity interval training). Short bursts of maximum energy and effort followed by timed rest periods keep your body guessing and increase caloric burn. When your exercise/diet become routine, your body gets used to what you're doing and adapts. That's why you plateau.
  • stevekoo
    stevekoo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Keep track of your Blood Sugar level. That's the keep in maintaining your metabolism. Ideally, your Glucose should be flat line (Middle), not peaks and vallies throughout the day. Hope this helps.

http://www.caloriesperhour.com/tutorial_sugar.php
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Hard to say without a peek at your diary, or an idea of how much exercise how many calories you are set at, etc.. More information anyway.

A rough piece of advice:
    Check out http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Figure out your BMR and TDEE and eat calories somewhere in between there.

Make sure you are estimating your calories expended during workouts correctly (MFP doesn't always give you the right numbers.)

Get a food scale and check to be sure you are eating the correct portion sizes - it sounds awful and lame, but it grows on you once you find out how different things are.

If all else fails and youre doing everything right: BE PATIENT. The math isn't wrong. The numbers WILL move sooner or later.

Good luck! :drinker:
  • stacydcampbell
    stacydcampbell Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!