Workout DVDs

Options
So I was doing some research into some workout dvds to do at home and obviously went to P90X and Insanity first because they are all I ever hear about nowadays. Well I kind of decided I am nowhere near in enough shape to do those. I was on the beachbody website and came across the Turbo Jam series. Now I know that those are marketed towards women, but I say hey, if it works, I'm willing to do it no matter how silly I look, haha.

I figure that I can take my time, do the Turbo Jam DVDs, then ultimately would like to get in enough shape to do P90X. I need to drop a lot of weight first and get my cardio up.

Has anyone had any success with the Turbo Jam DVDs? They look kind of fun. I imagine I'm going to look like a moron as a 255 lb guy dancing around my living room kicking and punching, but hey, like I said, I'm willing to try anything!

Replies

• pelelovesme1011
    Options
    I have the TurboJam DVDs but only did them a few times. I personally didn't really like them. Like you, I am totally not ready for P90X but I really want to be able to do them. Instead, I'm doing the regular P90 right now and I think it's a pretty good workout for beginners. I could barely follow along at first but after a month, I'm doing great. If you really want to do the P90X, I recommend starting with the regular P90 that way you get used to Tony and some of his routines. He's kinda dorky, but he makes me laugh. I also walk three times a week to prepare for the extra craziness in the X workouts. (my boyfriend is doing them and it's insane!)
  • RMX82
    RMX82 Posts: 172
    Options
    Thanks for your opinion. I didn't even know there was a regular P90 program. I will have to look into it. I ultimately settled on the Turbo Jam ones because although my wife is skinny, she said she would like to workout more and tone up, so I figured this would be something fun we could do together. I will definitely look into the P90 program.
  • jenniferyeatts
    jenniferyeatts Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm a little over a month into the original P90 too (Power 90). It is a great series and I am constantle seeing small changes in my fitness and tone. I highly recommend it!
  • txcwgirl
    txcwgirl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love all of BeachBody's videos but to begin try the Turbo Jam, If you like to lift weights then try the ChaLean Extreme videos. They are great.

You can also compare the videos on Beachbody's website.