30 Day Shred

Options
Starting it tomorrow...any advice, thoughts, success stories you've had with 30-day shred that you want to share? Thanks!!! Very excited!

Replies

• babyangelica2010
    babyangelica2010 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 7 of Level one and I am definitely feeling a lot stronger. I love it. Already my stomach feels flatter, and I am getting in better shape. The first day, I felt like I was gonna die lol. You have to try it, you will love the results. Even if I didn't lose any weight, it's still worth it because I feel better about myself for getting in better shape.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Hope you don't mind the huge post but these were my results.. I highly recommend it. I have never NOT had rolls around my waist/back until I did this workout. I've lost a lot more than what I'm posting now (just don't have pics for last year) but I lost 20" first time doing 30DS. Advice would be to just keep going with it - this workout helps you lose inches more than lbs for most women. Don't be discouraged if the scale doesn't move for a week or even the first 20 days.. just be patient and do the workout.

Day 1: 181lbs
    Day 55: 169lbs

Starting measurements:
    Waist 32.5"
    Bellybutton 40"
    Hips 39"
    Thighs 23.5"
    Body Fat%: 31.9%

Day 55 measurements:
    Waist 29"
    Bellybutton 34.5"
    Hips 36"
    Thighs 21.5"
    Body Fat%: 25%

19593344_7257.jpg
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Did it last month, lost 4 lbs, and 4 inches (I only tracked waist hips & bust though).
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    Did Day 5 of Level 7 today. People on other forums referred to day four as a magic day, once you get there you're less sore. And they're right. I did measurements before I started and will take them again at the end. Parts do feel different, today my abs seem to want to stay tight and pulled in.

Just don't attempt to write anything right after - it takes a little while for the shaky arms to subside.

Have fun.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements before so you can track your progress. Good luck!
  • melodys_attic
    melodys_attic Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am not a spring chicken and I have some healing injuries in shoulders and knees. The shoulder injuries led to tendonitis. So I have done the shred every second day for over 60 days. Every day would still be too much. But WOW! I have trimmed 2" off my whole being so far. I feel great. I can lift things down from high shelves. I can shovel snow! I have more energy, more stamina, and I just overall feel GOOD. I may try a week of every day soon to see what happens. I did make it all the way to level three besides :) So far I have found nothing as good to get a really good workout in a time frame I can manage. I tell myself I can do anything for 20 minutes and I DO!
  • BellaSpeer
    BellaSpeer Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 7 of Level one and I am definitely feeling a lot stronger. I love it. Already my stomach feels flatter, and I am getting in better shape. The first day, I felt like I was gonna die lol. You have to try it, you will love the results. Even if I didn't lose any weight, it's still worth it because I feel better about myself for getting in better shape.
    That sounds perfect! Thanks!! :happy:
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I just did day 1 level 3 today....I am almost done!!!! I love this workout. It is short which is awesome, and it works! I get my sweat on and am definitely sore afterwards. If you don't like plank moves (like me) you are going to HATE level 2 with a passion. I jumped for joy my last day of that round.
  • Brown_Eyed_Beauty
    Brown_Eyed_Beauty Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Will be re-starting it myself tomorrow. I liked it and cant wait to do it again. I didn't do enough after care of my knee though, so I was in alot of pain. So don't forget to do a bit more stretching, icing and any other care then suggested if needed. LoL :tongue:
  • BellaSpeer
    Options
    Hope you don't mind the huge post but these were my results.. I highly recommend it. I have never NOT had rolls around my waist/back until I did this workout. I've lost a lot more than what I'm posting now (just don't have pics for last year) but I lost 20" first time doing 30DS. Advice would be to just keep going with it - this workout helps you lose inches more than lbs for most women. Don't be discouraged if the scale doesn't move for a week or even the first 20 days.. just be patient and do the workout.

You look great!! Thanks for the advice! That seems like the main point in everything about losing weight is to stay with it and not to get discouraged by the scale. :smile:
  • BellaSpeer
    Options
    Did Day 5 of Level 7 today. People on other forums referred to day four as a magic day, once you get there you're less sore. And they're right. I did measurements before I started and will take them again at the end. Parts do feel different, today my abs seem to want to stay tight and pulled in.

Just don't attempt to write anything right after - it takes a little while for the shaky arms to subside.

Have fun.
    Love it! Thank you!!
  • BellaSpeer
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice and support - I'm ready to go! Have a great night!!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options

You look great!! Thanks for the advice! That seems like the main point in everything about losing weight is to stay with it and not to get discouraged by the scale. :smile:

Anytime! Best of luck on your weight loss journey :)
  • The1iceQueen
    Options
    Starting it tomorrow...any advice, thoughts, success stories you've had with 30-day shred that you want to share? Thanks!!! Very excited!

It'll be tough your first time going through the dvd, but each day you'll feel stronger, look better, and start losing inches and weight. Don't give up.
  • corgi
    corgi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I finished it last month. Definitely take measurements. You will lose inches but the scale may not move much. Don't get obsessed with the scale. I went down 2 jean sizes but only lost 5 pounds.

Be careful with your knees. I bought knee braces on Day 4 and am pretty sure they saved me from an injury. They made me more aware of my knee placement.

I loved the Shred because I saw results very quickly. Now I am hooked and doing Ripped in 30.

Good luck!
  • BrandiBoo84
    BrandiBoo84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options

Day 1: 181lbs
    Day 55: 169lbs

Starting measurements:
    Waist 32.5"
    Bellybutton 40"
    Hips 39"
    Thighs 23.5"
    Body Fat%: 31.9%

Day 55 measurements:
    Waist 29"
    Bellybutton 34.5"
    Hips 36"
    Thighs 21.5"
    Body Fat%: 25%

19593344_7257.jpg

Great job woman! You look awesome!
  • DanaMcCrea
    DanaMcCrea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 and boy am I sore! But I love it so far!
  • smileyface1115
    Options
    I just added onto another thread but I can add here too!

I did Day 1 Level 1 today and I freaking loved it!!! I tried doing this a few years ago and just did not like it but Ive been running about a month now and I think that helped. I got a great workout (my quads are already sore and I just did it 12 hours ago), but it wasnt so incredibly difficult I couldnt get through it. Best of all i work so much and travel about 20 days/month so this 20 minute workout will work perfectly into my schedule.

Best of luck to you and I hope to stick with ya for the next 30 days!
  • Bella0608
    Bella0608 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've did it last year with brilliant results so I started it again on the 1st of the month
    The first few days are a killer but stay strong keep going and you will get results
    I love this workout because its so easy to fit into your day

Good luck and keep me posted on how you are getting on :)