Trying to lose before summer gets here!

Options
Hello! I have done my fitness pal a while ago and has really good sucess with it. I am now back on trying to do it again. I am starting fresh tomorrow. I am 5' 9 and 208lbs. I have a hard time losing weight and sticking to it. I do have a hypothyroid which also makes it harder to lose weight as it would the average person. I will do good for about a month and end up overeating like crazy. That is my down fall. Sweets and overeating. How long does it take to get your body used to eating less and sticking to it?

Replies

• Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hey there, we all tend to have a time where we relapse but there's always a reason for it. Whenever you see chocolate or something you need to take a step back and ask yourself 'do you really want it or are you ______?'

It apparently takes about 40 days for a body to get into a rhythm. So when you keep doing something for that long your body gets used to it.

Just stock up on filling foods, eat loads of veggies, drink plenty water and you will be successful :)
  • OmarAF
    OmarAF Posts: 9
    Options
    Good luck on losing
  • abkr5
    abkr5 Posts: 4
    Options
    thanks I am going to try my hardest.
  • lcyama
    lcyama Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    hello,
    as a fellow hypothyroid, i understand how hard it is to lose and keep it off. i lose some weight, my medication gets adjusted, and then the weight goes right back on. it is a constant battle to get my body adjusted to any change in calories, and it always seems to take about three weeks for any noticeable sustained weight loss to show up.
    keep your chin up! and add me if you like.
  • cherieannjohnson
    cherieannjohnson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    good luck fellow "tall friend"...we are the same height!
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    You end up overeating because you're either eating too little or not changing your diet to something you live with. I was the same way. I would lose weight and eventually slip back into my old ways. Don't deprive yourself of the things you love. Find healthier ways to make your favorite foods. Eat more veggies than anything else. If you want desert have it, just be mindful of portion and calories. Stop telling yourself you can't have something and say i choose not to eat this.