New, Determined and Need Support!

Options
I'm a 43 year old female and I need to lose 50-60 pounds. I'm an emotional eater, I know that. I really need some suport. My husband can eat anything and not gain weight so I don't get much support there. LOL! I'm new to this forum and new to losing weight the healthy way. I would love some friends, advice and support! I have so much to learn. Anyone? :happy:

Replies

• kris_root_2014
    kris_root_2014 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like. I am always wanting more support. I kind of have the similar situation. My husband can pretty much eat anything! I have to watch what I eat now. I'm glad I found this site. I've lost more weight in the last month than I've ever have!! I love looking at other people's diaries to try new food that is better for me! I have now come to love hard boiled eggs!! Never used to like the yolk. Great pick me up after a workout for a snack. Good luck!!

Kris :flowerforyou:
  • losingit07
    losingit07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the reply! That's a great idea about seeing what others are eating. I have been eating well for the past 8 days but I feel like it's the same old stuff already and I don't want to burn out.

That's funny about the eggs. I'm the same way. I never have liked the yolk in a hard boiled egg!

Raine~
  • happydispatcher
    happydispatcher Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I too am new to MFP, am also in my 40s and am an emotional eater so we have allot in common. This site will help me stay accountable and also offers allot of support and wisdom. Feel free to add me:wink:
  • happy_heart_jen
    happy_heart_jen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am also an emotional eater and that is my biggest road block. I am slowly learning that food does not satisfy my feelings. I have changed my mantra about life and my eating habits. I am constantly reminding myself about who I want to be and how I will become that person. Something that has been helping me lately with the emotional eating is asking myself how eating whatever will make me feel right now and how it will make me feel tomorrow. It's been an eye opener! :noway:
  • 1Mrsmcdilbert
    1Mrsmcdilbert Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am a stress eater, but I have noticed that since I started being committed to trying to get my exercise done in the mornings it is a little easier for me to control. Feel free to add me and I will lend what support I can. :smile:
  • catmanor
    catmanor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a friend req. I'm open to new friends too so anyone can send a request..

Am loving this site!
  • HollyLokey
    Options
    I'm new and need support as well. I've got 100+lbs to go and will definitely need some help and motivation on my journey. And thanks to Dead Girl Tar for the tip on looking through other peoples food diaries for ideas. (I didn't know you could do that!) Like I said I am new so I can use all the friends I can get. Thanks!