Possible or get my head out of my *kitten*?

Options
I have a quick question... please dont attack me lol... just wondering if i should just not get my hopes up or should i push just a little harder to make it possible!?

I am going to Mexico in 37 more days. Ive been training my *kitten* off!! Just did a huge increase in my weights today in my resistance training actually. Been dieting as well... trying very hard to do this the RIGHT way!

i am not a small girl, LONG way to go, 5'7 37/38% BF 210lbs

Heres my question, I am trying to get into my pre-quit smoking clothes from last spring for my trip. I measured the band on my low cut denim short about 39 inches around (they say they r a size 12) my measurement is 42 in the same-ish area =( ... 3 inches in 37 days... possible or dreaming??

Replies

• CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height as you, I've lost 17 lbs since I joined MFP in mid January and I've lost 2.5 inches in my hips and 4 inches in my waist. I would doubt that losing 3+ inches (in one area) can be done in one month (or slightly more) but there is no telling. I would say just see what you can do and don't worry about it too much if you don't get back into the exact same pair of shorts. The worst that happens is you lose some weight between now and then. (I do have less to lose and not everyone loses at the same rate or from the same places so maybe you can.) Best of luck!!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and started at 217 pounds. In the first 4 weeks on MFP, I lost 3 inches in my waist. So it is possible. BUT - one thing I've learned here is that you don't get to choose where your body takes the fat from when you're losing. It took the next 6 months to drop another 5 inches in my waist :noway: But, like Cristina said, give it your best shot anyway! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    From what I have been reading - Do the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred (free on youtube) and I would say with that and eating well - possible and then some!
  • awake4777
    awake4777 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Any loss helps. Go for it and best wishes for a safe trip.:flowerforyou:
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    You never know until you try!
  • lqmustang
    lqmustang Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'd say it's possible, but as another said you don't get to choose where it comes off of so you may or may not reach that goal. Don't let that stop you from doing what you gotta do to get there. I'd say lots of cardio to go along with your weights and of course a good diet.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Sorry, not possible in this short time frame.
  • Cara75
    Cara75 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your opinions and words of encourgments!!! Either way ill give it my best... ill be sure to come back here in 37 day and let you all know if i fit into my shorts without muffin top!! =/... i CAN wear em... but its serious ewww right now LOL...

Thanks again =D
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you want some quick weight loss (it's going to be all water weight) but it can help with cutting a few inches... just go low carb the week or two before vacation. This will reduce bloating. Limit yoru carbs to 50 net carbs or something like that and maintain calories. This way you are getting enough nutrition.

Also, just keep weight training and eating well.
  • Cara75
    Cara75 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    If you want some quick weight loss (it's going to be all water weight) but it can help with cutting a few inches... just go low carb the week or two before vacation. This will reduce bloating. Limit yoru carbs to 50 net carbs or something like that and maintain calories. This way you are getting enough nutrition.

i have a question regarding the low carb... Does this include carbs from veggies and fruit as well? or just pasta and bread what not...

Only issue wiith just droppin water to get the few inches, is ill put it rigt back on as soon as i have my first tequila n salt LOL
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

i have a question regarding the low carb... Does this include carbs from veggies and fruit as well? or just pasta and bread what not...

Only issue wiith just droppin water to get the few inches, is ill put it rigt back on as soon as i have my first tequila n salt LOL
    Net carbs is total carbs - fiber. Since fiber can not be processed, the body will try hard to eliminate it. Eating lots of veggies will help if you go low carb. Just keep in mind, this is very temporary. The moment you start adding back carbs, you will see increases in water weight.