Sort of new and not wanting to go alone anymore

Options
I have had the MFP app on my phone for a long time now but I've only used it intermitently and will interesting results. I am in a relationship with a man who loves me the way I am but I am uncomfortable with my current weight. I'm 5'5" and 230 ish pounds it's not that I think I look bad I just feel uncomfortable if that makes any since. Another reason for this journy is I have 2 kids and they are wonderful little girls I don't want to be the overweight unhealthy mom telling them how important it is to be healthy I don't whant to be an example of what not to do I want to be the example of what to do. I recently quit smoking (it's been a month) and I am doing everything I can think of not to use food to substitue that habit. The big problem is I am and eater I eat when I am happy I eat when I am sad I eat when I am mad about the only time I don't eat is when I am super stressed out but that is almost worse because then I forget to eat the whole day untill I notice and then I eat everything in sight. my Boyfriend seems to be able to eat what he wants with out gaining weight and even though he is super supportive (in his own way) it comes across more as you can't have that rather than you shouldn't or even hey how about this instead (yes I have talked with him and he is trying) I am just not sure if its the way he is saying it or if I just feel resentful you know the don't tell me what to do syndrome.
Anyway I recently started a new job so I haven't had my phone since my boyfriend picks up the girls and then me after school and work so He has the phone during the day and I am trying to be really committed to making a change and well if one were to look at my diary it's really sporatic and I feel I need more support. That is what led me to the website I wanted to keep up with my diary as I was consuming things and I promised myself that I would report no matter what I ate so if I broke down and had something way off track I wanted to be able to report it before I can talk myself into pretending I didn't eat that extra 2 biscuits with butter and marmalade. So anyway I also am a bit of a rambler as is obvious I am sure. I'd appreciate any adds and any support anyone wants to throw my way.

Replies

• mhiggi02
    mhiggi02 Posts: 5,988 Member
    Options
    This is a great place for support, information, and to help keep yourself accountable. Feel free to add me.
  • losingit07
    losingit07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I can relate alot to your post. I too am an emotional eater and I have a young daughter that I don't want to have to go through this. I'm new too, so feel free to add me. Support is what we both need! Best of luck to you!
  • vbailey12
    vbailey12 Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm sorta new too. Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • elmogirl316
    elmogirl316 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to join our weight loss challenge and add me as a friend. We post weekly goals and tips. If you are interested let me know and I can invite you to our group.
  • heathercorman
    heathercorman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me too! Sort of new and not wanting to go alone anymore. 5'4" and 240. I eat when I'm mad, I eat when I'm sad, I eat when I'm happy, I eat when I'm bored, and yep, I eat when I'm stressed! Trying to get back on track with using MFP (one week so far). Mom with 2 grown kids in their twenties, I've been overweight since my pregnancies. but, feeling very motivated, looking to talk to positive people who might have the odd bad day :)
  • keninf
    keninf Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me- the more support we can give each other, the farther we can go!
  • jendog1105
    Options
    im currently 210 quit smoking for new years cold turkey after 12 years doing great now. I am a single parent of 2 boys dont have many friends so this website will be my support system. a few life changes as of recently im eating healthier and working out. not seeing much results so im using this tool to gain more control.I wish everyone luck and hope these pounds come off ASAP! Thanks & God Bless:flowerforyou:
  • jennifer_255
    jennifer_255 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi there im new and have ate through my emotions for years now but NO MORE!!! and it would be nice to support each other

jennifer x
  • laurenk08
    laurenk08 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    support is always good :] I also just started a new job and it is difficult to make that transition and keep up the weightloss! (my boyfriend also eats whatever he wants and rarely gains, annoying!) lol feel free to add me for some added support
  • riarizhamid
    Options
    Motivate other and get motivated this is what we all do plz add me if you like