i've made my menu for this week, have you made yours?

Options
monday - tequila honey lime shrimp in avocados
rice, zucchini and corn salad
cottage cheese
apricots

tuesday - marinated pork
cheesy-garlic mashed potatoes
lemon broccoli
strawberry shortcake

wednesday - chicken, blueberry and feta pasta salad
roasted green beans and onions
parmesan brussel sprouts
mango

thursday - left-overs

friday - artichoke chicken pizza
baby carrots
salad with bacon, sunflower seeds, croutons and blue cheese crumbles
fruit salad parfait
black bean brownies

saturday - kielbasa with tomatoes and white beans (recipe from recipezaar.com)
spaghetti squash
pineapple

sunday - mushroom ravioli with red peppers and wilted spinach in alfredo sauce
paprika cauliflower
banana mousse with raspberries

**what are you having for supper this week?

Replies

• somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Oh, yum. You've always got such an interesting and tasty-looking menu planned!

Sunday-Seafood risotto with peas and parmesan
    Monday-Crockpot chilli; homemade salsa; tortillas; sour cream
    Tuesday-Prawn and pumpkin laksa with rice noodles
    Wednesday-Rump steak; baby potatoes; broccoli
    Thursday-Tandoori chicken; basmati rice; salad; yogurt and cucumber sauce.

And that's as far as I've planned. We usually eat out on Friday or Saturday night anyway.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    That chicken, blueberry & feta cheese salad sounds amazing! I bought blueberries last week but they didn't make the budget this week.

My weekly menu:
    Breakfasts: eggs/cheese/fruit or oatmeal with fruit or peanut butter sandwich with fruit if I have a massively hectic day
    Lunch: salad with tuna or leftovers from supper
    Dinners: I'm working late most nights this week so food is quick and easy!

Monday 6/7: Pinto beans in the crockpot, Squash, Cabbage, Mashed Potatoes (all except the beans are cooked and waiting for tomorrow night... I don't like reheating meat but I don't mind on the veggies)

Tuesday 6/8 (I get to cook but have a 6:30 mtg): Baked Paprika-Parmesan Chicken (trying a new recipe!), Zucchini, Leftover veggies Recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Paprika-Parmesan-Chicken/Detail.aspx

Wednesday 6/9: Leftover Pinto Beans and Cornbread

Thursday 6/10: Burgers on the Grill on Honey Wheat Sandwich Rolls (another new recipe!) with canned baked beans (or maybe side salad for me, we'll see how the day goes!) http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Honey-Wheat-Sandwich-Rolls/Detail.aspx

Friday 6/11: Grilled Chicken Kebabs over brown rice (chicken, onion, pepper, mushrooms)

Saturday: Taco Bowls... aka using up some of those pinto beans and kebab fixings by throwing them on a salad

Sunday: Depends on leftovers... vegetable soup and salad if we have enough leftover veggies (and it isn't 90 degrees outside) or spaghetti with homemade sauce and salad if we don't
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    thanks somigliana! :)

i plan on making an indian dish next week. i was thinking curry, but now i'm changing my mind. have you made the tandoori chicken before? mind sharing your recipe?

melody, if you stop by my blog later this week, i will be posting the chicken, blueberry and feta recipe. it is very tasty! (p.s. those recipes look amazing! let me know how they turn out.)
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    i plan on making an indian dish next week. i was thinking curry, but now i'm changing my mind. have you made the tandoori chicken before? mind sharing your recipe?

I adore curry, but I've been expanding my horizons with dinner recipes lately--got really bored of the same old, same old.
    This one looks easy, maybe a bit of a cheat--just chicken breasts and pre-bought tandoori paste from the Indian section at the supermarket. This is all the recipe suggests: "Brush chicken fillets with tandoori paste and spray with cooking oil. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and cook chicken fillets for 3-4 minutes each side or until brown and cooked through."

I'll have to see how they turn out :)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    monday - tequila honey lime shrimp in avocados
    rice, zucchini and corn salad
    cottage cheese
    apricots

tuesday - marinated pork
    cheesy-garlic mashed potatoes
    lemon broccoli
    strawberry shortcake

wednesday - chicken, blueberry and feta pasta salad
    roasted green beans and onions
    parmesan brussel sprouts
    mango

thursday - left-overs

friday - artichoke chicken pizza
    baby carrots
    salad with bacon, sunflower seeds, croutons and blue cheese crumbles
    fruit salad parfait
    black bean brownies

saturday - kielbasa with tomatoes and white beans (recipe from recipezaar.com)
    spaghetti squash
    pineapple

sunday - mushroom ravioli with red peppers and wilted spinach in alfredo sauce
    paprika cauliflower
    banana mousse with raspberries

**what are you having for supper this week?
    Great job preplanning your menu, though I've done it in the past, it's been sometime now. I've love to get back to it, so much simpler knowing what to buy at the grocery and what you'll be cooking that day.

How do you make your chicken artichoke pizza?

Gonna check out your blog for some wise words from you:wink: and also see what recipes you've got posted.
    Thanks so much for taking time to post your week,
    You've remotivated me!!

Thank you!:heart:
    Becca:flowerforyou:
  • ldowifey
    ldowifey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Love all the ideas!!!!!! Off to make mine now!
  • rpion324
    rpion324 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i have never sat down and made a menu because my fiance and my schedules are so crazy... but I want to try, maybe I will start next week
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

becca, the pizza is just thrown together with whatever ingredients we have in the fridge.

we use whole wheat pitas for the crust (separate layers if you want thin crust, keep together if you prefer thick), grilled chicken (salt and pepper for seasoning) cut into strips, and real artichokes (but marinated would work just fine). one of the ways to make it really great is to use fresh mozzarella cheese (the ones that are in the round ball shape) that you thinly slice. if you prefer a shredded cheese, use monterey jack. fresh basil, roasted red peppers, diced tomatoes, sliced mushrooms and black olives are complementary flavors.

cook chicken and steam artichoke. brush pita with olive oil and spread some minced garlic over it. randomly place (bite-size) artichoke hearts and other artichoke pieces on pita. do the same for chicken and cheese rounds (and basil or any other ingredients you want to add). things will overlap, but not completely cover the pita. bake at 400 until pita crisps, 6 to 12 minutes. immediately after taking out of the oven, sprinkle lightly with shredded parmesan. cut and serve.

for my family of four, we make three pizzas. sorry it's not more clear. it really is just thrown together.
    dawn
  • kellyblack
    kellyblack Posts: 25
    Options
    i have never sat down and made a menu because my fiance and my schedules are so crazy... but I want to try, maybe I will start next week

I find that even when our schedules are crazy, having a menu sketched out really helps. Even if I don't use it, I can still use it next week!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options

becca, the pizza is just thrown together with whatever ingredients we have in the fridge.

we use whole wheat pitas for the crust (separate layers if you want thin crust, keep together if you prefer thick), grilled chicken (salt and pepper for seasoning) cut into strips, and real artichokes (but marinated would work just fine). one of the ways to make it really great is to use fresh mozzarella cheese (the ones that are in the round ball shape) that you thinly slice. if you prefer a shredded cheese, use monterey jack. fresh basil, roasted red peppers, diced tomatoes, sliced mushrooms and black olives are complementary flavors.

cook chicken and steam artichoke. brush pita with olive oil and spread some minced garlic over it. randomly place (bite-size) artichoke hearts and other artichoke pieces on pita. do the same for chicken and cheese rounds (and basil or any other ingredients you want to add). things will overlap, but not completely cover the pita. bake at 400 until pita crisps, 6 to 12 minutes. immediately after taking out of the oven, sprinkle lightly with shredded parmesan. cut and serve.

for my family of four, we make three pizzas. sorry it's not more clear. it really is just thrown together.
    dawn
    Thanks so much Dawn for taking time to share how you make it! It does sound good and pita pizza's are so simple! I tried an 'Amy's' spinach and artichoke pizza once and that's what got me enjoying the artichoke pizzas. Not familiar with artichokes much, I have seen them in the jars but never tried to steam one.

I'll have to Google so I can learn what parts to eat of it etc. :laugh:

Thanks again,
    Becca:flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    bump
  • georgette70
    georgette70 Posts: 158
    Options
    In response to your topic question? - I have now!!