water tracking?

Options
haley255
haley255 Posts: 117 Member
This might be a stupid question... do you all track your water intake? And why?

I never track it but I'm wondering if there would be a good reason for me to start keeping track.... thanks!

Replies

• chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I've started to more recently. I like to track my water to keep track of weight fluctuations. If i have less I usually weigh more the next day. But it doesn't really matter because I only record my weight once a week. It's amazing what water intake does with the scale....
  • jackieomara
    jackieomara Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I track mine just to make sure I get my 8+ cups in!
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I track my water intake. Trying to kick the soda habbit and drinking lots of water is a good way for me to do it. When I've had 12-18 cups of water in a day, I'm like SCORE!
  • haley255
    Options
    I've started to more recently. I like to track my water to keep track of weight fluctuations. If i have less I usually weigh more the next day. But it doesn't really matter because I only record my weight once a week. It's amazing what water intake does with the scale....

^That's interesting!

Thanks everyone!
  • KassLamb
    KassLamb Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I track it because I know I'm terrible at staying hydrated. I don't like our tap water, and I'm too broke to pay for other water. As long as I track it, I am able to just suck it up and drink the tap water to stay hydrated and healthy.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I just STOPPED tracking my water, because I drink normally 30-32 cups a day. Yes! But I found my old habits kicking in of making it a competition with myself, I had to make sure I had at LEAST as much as the day before, if not more. Which in itself is probably borderline ok, except that I found I would push myself to drink more at a time than I wanted it needed, and was starting to stress out over it. So I quit. I know I get enough water. I don't need to keep track to prove it to anyone including myself.
  • christocentrist
    Options
    I track my water intake. Trying to kick the soda habbit and drinking lots of water is a good way for me to do it. When I've had 12-18 cups of water in a day, I'm like SCORE!

Same here!! And it's crazy, it's like water helps with the cravings!!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Ive recently started making some fruit water. Jug of water with sliced apple and cinnamon or slice up a lime. Not full of flavor but gives a refreshing hint. My fav is cucumber!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I do. I don't always input it on here, but my water bottle is 24oz, so I track it that way. I aim for at least 3-4 bottles at day and then whatever else I drink (tea etc.).
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I do because most of the time I don't get enough in and I know its important to not dehydrate. Today was a good day. Usually not so much. Its a challenge for me
  • Resa52
    Resa52 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I track mine entirely in an effort to encourage myself to drink more. If it weren't for tracking it, I wouldn't drink any water past 4:00.
  • REDI4CHANGE60
    Options
    I have to push myself to get my water in .. just don't like water. BUT I know that when I drink water I lose weight ... pure and simple fact. Helps me to track it.
  • haley255
    Options
    Ive recently started making some fruit water. Jug of water with sliced apple and cinnamon or slice up a lime. Not full of flavor but gives a refreshing hint. My fav is cucumber!

I love cucumber water! And I recently tried water with apples in it at my school cafe... it was awesome, it tasted like a healthier version of apple juice.