C25K Running Plan?

Options
Has anyone done the Couch to 5k running plan? I used to be a long distance runner, completed a half-marathon in 2011, and was training for a full marathon after, but got injured. I had to sit out for months to heal, and my mileage is nonexistent now.

I really want to get back into running, and signed up for the Color Run 5k in June. I'd love to be able to actually run it! Has anyone done this/would you recommend it?

Thanks! :)

Replies

• jasont1354
    jasont1354 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It's a fine plan for people that are very out of shape. If you have running experience and can pace yourself much slower than what you used to to, just run at your own pace to get up to a 5k. The C-5K plan has too many days of just walking and very small jogs. If you do want to try it. You might want to skip to like week 3.
  • wowsrz
    wowsrz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think I want to try it, I was actually think about it this morning while I was at the gym. I've heard good things about it and since shattering my ankle I haven't been able to run but once. Looking forward to hearing what others have to say about it also.
    Good Luck!!
  • SJLS2013
    SJLS2013 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I used it last summer to get fit. It worked great! By the end I was running 5.4k easily (from struggling to run for the bus!).

Unfortunately over winter I became very unmotivated to go outside.

I have now joined a gym and started the C25K up again starting from week 5.

I would definitely recommend it!

You don't have to start at week one, which is very slow going. But it's great to keep you on track and build fitness fast
  • Sarahwithlove22
    Sarahwithlove22 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just put to do 30 mins on treadmill and use speed interval and run for as many minutes as you can then walk until your ready to run again and keep repeating it. Or if your doing it outside do lamppost to lamppost. Good luck. I'm on week 2 at the moment.