What's for breakfast ?

Options

Replies

• x3na1401
    x3na1401 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Usually a (100 calorie english muffin or thin bagel) with (yogurt or greek yogurt under 120 calories)

So that my breakfast is under 250 calories.

Ah. I do love a bagel. A big fat one with Philadelphia ,... Those were the days
  • rcolbert123
    Options
    I love protein powder with peanut butter and fruit with skimmed milk and ice cubes, blend in a blender and it is yummy keeps me full till lunch!!!!!
  • sylviatx
    sylviatx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I do love my eggs in the morning, they stick with me.

So, I tend to alternate between these:

1) scramble an egg, heat a corn tortilla, add a bit (1/8 cup) grated cheddar cheese... "breakfast taco"
    2) Poached egg on half an english muffin with a little bit of butter on top (I log a pat but it's usually less)
    3) or poached egg on a slice of toast with a bit of butter

And I ALWAYS have a large cappuccino with 1 cup of 2% milk steamed in it.
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    The last couple of days I've toasted some nice whole wheat bakery bread and topped that with mashed avocado, sprinkled with lemon juice, salt, cracked black pepper, and crushed red pepper. So freaking good.
  • x3na1401
    Options
    The last couple of days I've toasted some nice whole wheat bakery bread and topped that with mashed avocado, sprinkled with lemon juice, salt, cracked black pepper, and crushed red pepper. So freaking good.

THIS sounds fabulous !
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I was having oatmeal (1 packet) low sugar only (160 cal) but this morning I was hungry before leaving home. I made 1 scrambled egg in the microwave...comes out fluffy and one english muffin (110 cal) 1/2 tablespoon Smart Balance butter (40 cal). If I wasn't in such a hurry I would have added veggies!

YUMMY
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    What is becel?

Becel is a brand of margarine.
  • dacyn
    dacyn Posts: 2
    Options
    I almost always have 1 packet of instant oatmeal (plain) with a teaspoon of honey, a Chobani Bite (mini yogurt), and 2 cups of coffee.
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I usually have a cheesy egg white scramble; I throw in 2 laughing cow light swiss cheese wedges and either one slice of turkey bacon or 2 turkey sausage patties on the side... YUMMY and filling :smile:
  • daiseechain
    daiseechain Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Becel is a brand of margarine.
  • escalada22
    escalada22 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I love Egg white omelets and I load it up with mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes...really whatever I have on hand. I also love english muffins, so I will do that and a greek yogurt.

I also have turned to lately smoothies. I have just done a few of the Dole Shakers, but they are filling, and refreshing! I think I may enjoy them more in the summer!
  • x3na1401
    Options
    It's 8 at night here. And I just had oats, almond milk and chocolate protein powder.

The same thing I had for breakfast !! Why? Becoz it is yummy ;))
  • ellygolightly
    Options
    I eat savoury breakfast cups that I bake in a muffin tray. I have never enjoyed breakfast so much in my life!

Tell me more...

Grab a muffin tray (I use a 6 muffin silicone tray), line the tray with one slice of ham per muffin so it makes a base. Then I mix 6 eggs, 1 cup of baby spinach, 4 chopped mushrooms, 1/2 a cup of grated cheese and chopped onion (you can add whatever vegetables you want though), into a bowl, and then divide it up into the 6 muffin spots. Bake at 180 degrees celcius for 20-25 minutes.

I eat 2 for breakfast and have them 3 times a week. Approved by my nutritionist :)

I got the recipe and then altered it to my liking from here: http://itsmysideoflife.com/2010/03/breakfast-ham-egg-cups-mini-frittatas.html

Just curious, how many calories are in these?

Using the recipe function on MFP for ONE: 1 Egg: 15, Mushroom: 4, Double Smoked Leg Ham (1 slice): 9, Brown Onion: 11, Baby Spinach: 10, Tasty Light Cheese: 72 = 121

I don't think the cheese is the correct count though, I only use about 1/2 a cup to make 6.
  • AnjylNguyen
    Options
    I eat the same thing every morning. Mind you I am usually trying to sleep in and am eating on my drive to work. I have a protein shake with Vanilla Lean EAS protein, 1/2 a banana (usually, but I switch the fruit sometimes) and either 8oz or unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk. It's about 200 calories, pending fruit and milk. Its really yummy and keeps me full and is great on the go.
  • liberty338
    liberty338 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love my Almond Berry Cereal that I learned about from Dr Axe www.draxe.com.
    Sliced almonds, berries(blue), cinnamon and heavy coconut milk(from the oriental section at store)
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I usually have porridge with almond milk + chopped banana, plus a boiled egg and tea every morning.
  • zechks
    zechks Posts: 224
    Options
    Oatmeal mixed with combat protein powder (chocolate) + chicken breast with american cheese with ketchup and mustard. That's how I typically break my fast. :)
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Pretty much eat full fat greek yoghurt every morning at the moment with about 100g of mango, pear, papaya or similar.

I was eating a lot of overnight oats last week which was nice but I like to mix it up and I am trying to eat fewer grains.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    What is becel?

margarine
  • pinkupooh
    pinkupooh Posts: 155
    Options
    arnold multi grain sandwich thin with creamy PB.
    1 cup of 1% milk with instant coffee