Looking for tall friends :o)

Options

Replies

• watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Hiya!

I'm 5'10, ~172 lbs, and my goal weight is about 140. My height has been such a strong influence in my life…e.g. dating, clothes, sports….and now my weight.

I would LOVE to have more “tall” friends to converse with and support.

Please reach out if you feel the same :o)

I am the same weight, same height and am hoping for around the same goal!!! Friend me!
  • RayR13
    RayR13 Posts: 31
    Options
    hey!

im 5'10'' ... Being tall is the best!
  • SierraD8989
    Options
    I'm 5'10". Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • skafka74
    skafka74 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    5'11" lady here. Being tall does have it's own challenges, especially when clothes shopping, lol. Anyone can add me.
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    These threads are so annoying. I get just as much support from my friends that are taller than me, as I do from the ones that are the same size. We all lose weight the same way! I am not a special snowflake and neither are are you. I'm glad I don't live in a box.

Because sometimes it's nice to have friends whose goal weights aren't 110 -130 lbs. It keeps your brain on straight. And to b1tch about clothes and shoes and sh1t.

I think maybe your jealousy might be showing there. Just a tad. :wink:

6' 1/2" I have a good chunk of tall ladies as friends and short ones too. Both supportive.

or it could be bc of the double standard regarding "divisive threads" in the forums. Anyone can ask for tall friends but ask for Muslim or Jewish friends and the thread gets yanked immediately.

I mean, one is genetics and one is religious belief system....so.....there's that. But I don't think that threads with OP's looking for friends of the same faith should necessarily be yanked.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 6 feet tall and need to lose weight. Being tall is different when you gain weight and lose it so I am glad that you have made a message board for us tall people:). A great example is that I can put on twenty pounds and only go up one size, but twenty pounds is a lot of weight to think about taking off. All of the sudden I can be forty pounds overweight in a year and just go from size 12 to size 14. And that is what has happened to me. It can be overwhelming. But I am willing to face this before I end up 80 pounds overweight, again. And BTW don't you just hate that saying, when your small friends hear your weight...."oh well you are just a big girl." No! I am not just a big girl:) I am a tall girl, and I can have an amazing figure if I watch what I eat and work out!! So here goes.....

I hate it when people call me a big girl. Call me fat, call me anything but a big girl. I hate hate hate that term!! LOL
  • lucille_heather
    lucille_heather Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Being 5"10 makes it nearly impossible to find a tall enough lad where i can still wear cute high heels!
    along with many other tall girl problems! ha
  • michmango5
    Options
    Just under 6'!
  • lee_ramsell83
    Options
    Hello fellow tall people!!!

I'm 6'3", being tall is awesome!!

Lovin' all you tall ladies!! :tongue:

Feel free to add!!
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Being 5"10 makes it nearly impossible to find a tall enough lad where i can still wear cute high heels!
    along with many other tall girl problems! ha

I hear that..glad I snagged a 6'5" one. Wearing tall boots with a 5'10 guy was...awkward.
  • lucille_heather
    lucille_heather Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    @vpetryshyn
    ahh exactly babe.
    so awkward wearing heels with a shorty!!
    Need a tall man!!
    im not putting my heels away for anyone!!
  • JulieAntler
    JulieAntler Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Im 5'8 is that tall. I think so...

No. That isn't that tall. Sorrry!!
  • kravm
    kravm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'8 and (hopefully) still growing at 18 years old! I wanna be tall like a Victoria's Secret model, heheheh.
  • JulieAntler
    Options
    These threads are so annoying. I get just as much support from my friends that are taller than me, as I do from the ones that are the same size. We all lose weight the same way! I am not a special snowflake and neither are are you. I'm glad I don't live in a box.

Because sometimes it's nice to have friends whose goal weights aren't 110 -130 lbs. It keeps your brain on straight. And to b1tch about clothes and shoes and sh1t.

I think maybe your jealousy might be showing there. Just a tad. :wink:

6' 1/2" I have a good chunk of tall ladies as friends and short ones too. Both supportive.
  • JulieAntler
    Options
    I love that! Geez can't we just talk about a few tall things without being bombarded by shorties? Lol . Truth is you don't know how it is hard being a very tall lady. There is the whole feeling bigger than most of your girlfriends all the time and still trying to feel feminine when you have to wear boy tennis shoes cause they generally don't make size 12 running shoes or that there is no way you can just pop in Marshall's and find a cute pair of jeans your size because your tall not wide and they don't carry tall pants or shirts for that matter! Or maybe my short friends know how it feels when a shorter guy comes up to you and drops his jaw to say.... Wow your like an amazon. Gee, that makes me feel good. Maybe our " short" people in our lives could just be a little considerate and kind to others who are happy to commiserate with some people who have a few things in common with them like weight and height. That would actually make my x-large heart a little bit happier.
  • FatIsNotGood4Me
    FatIsNotGood4Me Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just had to laugh to some comments from shorties ... This is a free board, if you feel discriminated move on, don't be a hater, I'm 5'8" I don't consider myself tall but I love tall people, my husband is 6'8" ... Oh yeah ...
  • ellygolightly
    Options
    I'm 5'11!

*Tall person hug* Honestly, how good are tall person hugs? If someone is taller than me, it's a miracle and I always attack them for hugs because I like feeling small every once in a while! :D
  • PoshDinosaur
    PoshDinosaur Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    They are the best. Perhaps throw in a lifted-hug.

That is, until you get someone's nose in your solar plexus.
  • terrimccrery
    terrimccrery Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    For a long time I could hide my weight... until it got way, way out of hand.. but 1.74m here... I think that is 5'9"

Oh yes, true for me too! People couldn't believe how much I weighed and I'm only 5'8"!
  • veggieshark
    veggieshark Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    5'10" just looking to shape up, remain a healthy vegetarian, lose a bit of fat, gain a bit of muscle.