Just binged...dang

Options
Just ate six slices of a campus pizza... I had been doing so well, lost 17 lb over the past couple weeks. Now I'm afraid to jump on the scale and see how much I've undone my progress. This sucks. I just can't control myself when I stay up studying late at night and get hungry. Does anybody else have triggers for binge eating and how do you avoid them?

Replies

• 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Drink a ton of water, tomorrow eat normally, and don't step on the scale for a week.

You haven't undone anything.
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Drink a ton of water, tomorrow eat normally, and don't step on the scale for a week.

You haven't undone anything.

I 100% agree. One day of overeating will not kill the progress that you have made. Heck even an entire week of not so great eating didn't ruin my progress. If you step on the scale immediately you are going to feel like you've ruined things, but if you just get back on track and wait a while to weigh yourself it'll all even back out very quickly.

As for the whole triggers that make me want to eat thing. Studying is a big one for me as well. I tend to want to snack on things all the time if I'm up late working on a project or paper. I've found that drinking a lot of water has helped or finding snacks that are filling but low cal such as carrot sticks, an apple and peanut butter, popcorn, nuts, or even pretzels. If I keep these snacks on hand I'm more likely to eat them as opposed to something more unhealthy.
  • FiestyIrish
    Options
    I tend to "boredom binge". If I'm up late (have insomnia) or if I just sit down to watch a show, I find myself rummaging around in the kitchen for a snack. To avoid it, I've started to re-train myself. I'll get in plank position through the commercial breaks and I've started to chew gum through the shows. It's helped a lot just to have something to chew on.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you did not undo anything with one meal.

you know what you just did? you carb-loaded for tomorrow mornings run.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    One day isn't going to undo anything, just get back on it tomorrow.
  • ellygolightly
    Options

Haha! Best.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

:drinker:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options

^this.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Life happens. You're never going to NOT have a high calorie day. Just accept it, and get back to business the next day. I just went out for a post work drink that turned into 3. Do I feel bad, maybe a little. But I know that I am getting up for my workout tomorrow morning and that's that. Relax man. You're doing great.
  • gopherfan53
    gopherfan53 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the encouragement and responses. Won't let this get me off track. Will do on the morning run haha.