Need help with gym suggestions after short sedentary time

Options
A few years ago I was rear-ended by a fool not paying attention on the road that had slammed into my car at 65-mph, while I was stopped at a red light. The accident caused a lot of problems not only to my health but my weight. I never in my life had any weight problems until after the accident; which caused me to become sedentary and not being able to do my daily exercising. Well time has passed and now I am bound and determined to get back up on my feet and get the extra weight off. I was introduced to this site by a Nutritionist, just last week, been plugging in my daily food dairy, watching what I eat; but now I am ready to go to the gym. I need help. I do not know where to start at the gym. First of all, I do have a walking disability, balance is not so great and do not want to over-do for starters. Where does one start, what should one do first and for how long? Can anyone make any suggestions for someone starting all over again?

Replies

• tammyc226
    tammyc226 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I would suggest exercises sitting down such as the bikes, rowing machine and weight machines. Approx 20 mins of the cardio (bikes/rowing) and 20 mins of weight machines and see how you go. Good luck and feel free to add me for support if you like :smile:
  • nverzyden
    nverzyden Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think the last reply is perfect but I would also suggest working out at home first to build your strength and endurance up before heading to the gym. Focus on core strength exercises so when you decide its time to get to the gym you already have a good foundation to build on. I find Pinterest excellent for finding at home core strength exercises that do not require any equipment. Good Luck!