Beginner here

Options
Hi everyone, I'm Michelle from Kenly, NC. I'm giving this a try after a friend invited me. I've been working out at a local gym but, been very slack. Any advice on what types of food to eat for those that can't afford much would be very welcome. A lot of the dieting food can become very expensive. Looking forward to talking with a few of you. :)

Replies

• Brittany3oh3
    Options
    Hi! I recently joined as well. I eat eggs and tuna. They're both cheap and protein really helps with losing weight. It helps with your muscles and loose skin. What also helps me is portion control and I won't eat after 6pm. Good luck and I hope this helped. :)
  • 73Freckles
    73Freckles Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Welcome! You're love it! MFP is awesome and so are the people!!
  • 73Freckles
    73Freckles Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about the cost of food. Love tuna and eggs too!! I started buying my meat in either bulk. I know it's more money up front but it lasts a lot longer, especially when you start eating the correct portions and it will save you money in the long run. And when I say bulk, I mean like 10lbs or more at a time. Not whole cows. lol
  • devonparks
    Options
    Try getting your produce at Aldi - there's one in Wilson and a few around Raleigh. There isn't as much variety as a regular or specialty store, but what they do have is much better quality and significantly cheaper. They do carry a few organic things too. Everything in that store is cheaper; I'm sure you'll find some other stuff you'd like too...just depends on what you're looking for.
  • aimtolose5
    aimtolose5 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hi im a newbe on this after it was mentioned by a friend. nothing seems to be working so now im going to give this a go. i have been doing everything as i should because several people have listened and are stumped themselves as to why the weight is just not coming off. any different advice is more the than welcome. and also how can you find out and know how many calories in eg;2 grilled fishfingers and so on. and to everyone outhere in same boat good luck.
  • katdabomb85
    katdabomb85 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    For cheapness I've started eating grey peas and bacon quite a lot they seem to be really good for you and cost hardly anything to make