good trainers for running UK

Hi can anyone recommend any good trainers in the UK for running, my trainers are getting a bit old, and I want to start running outside now the weather is picking up so may as well get a good pair to start outdoor running with!!

Replies

• eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Hi Kelly,

Based on a recent personal experience which turned sour, I'd recommend going to have your gait analysis measured and have someone who knows what they're talking about recommend a good shoe for you!

I'm having IT band problems due to picking out a snazzy pair of trainers from Sports Direct because they 'looked good'... needless to say, it didn't turn out well.

Good luck though and enjoy the great outdoors!
  • kellybatkin
    kellybatkin Posts: 34 Member
    ahh this is exactly what I was thinking of doing - going to sports direct and picking something that looks good haha!! Where can I get tested do you know? thanks :) x
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    If you google the sweatshop, they have quite a few stores nationwide and they provide free gait analysis and if you purchase a pair of trainers there, you have 30 days to run in them as much as you want and still return them if you're not happy with what they sold you.

Good luck!
  • Try Runners Need, Sweatshop, Run4It, they all do Gait analysis, and if the shoes in there are too expensive, wait till they've done all the gait and told you what shoes you need, write the exact name of the shoe down, say you'll be back on pay day and then go to Sportsshoes.com and buy them at a fraction of the price.

Or.... if you can't wait, ask them to get you last season's colour from the store room - they'll also be cheaper!

:)