men are starting to look at me again lol

Options
karenjoy
karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
I am 44, and a Mum of 3 grown up children, but I have lost 2 stone (28lb) and the nice weather means I can wear some of my new clothes (I am now a size 14 UK 12 US) and this week I finally got my new white shorts on and a cute top my Husband got me for my Birthday last week, and went shopping, I noticed that men looked at me in a way that they have not for quite sometime. years in fact. It was a nice feeling, I told my Husband and he said it's because you look great :flowerforyou: which made me feel fabulous.

I have been happy and comfortable enough to go out in shorts in public for the first time since I met him, 5 years ago, and I hope to wear a swimming costume when we go on our honeymoon to Egypt in October. :heart:

Fingers crossed

Replies

• baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    That's great! There is nothing like having all your hard work go noticed! Good for you.:happy:
  • bikinikillaer
    Options
    Shorts can be scary. But congrads on feeling confident to wear them again! That's huge!!

I'm getting there. Slowly. :)
  • OpalFruitJam
    OpalFruitJam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I used to moan if any men would give me a pervy stare, and then the weight piled on and I moaned NO ONE was giving me a pervy stare :P

So it really does make you feel good after all - glad it's working for you too! xx
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    yeah they are! :bigsmile: Rock on! and p.s. they've probably always been checking you out...you just finally started noticing them checking you out :wink:
  • nikkieliivey
    nikkieliivey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    nicely done! congratulations!
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    You go and rock those shorts! :wink:

I won't be even when I've lost more weight, got horrid stretch marks on my legs from putting so much weight on, putting 5 stone on in the space of 2 or 3 years really isn't good for your skin, sob :sad: lol, Never mind

Go you honey!! :happy:

xx
  • ilovemyson
    Options
    Way to go! You worked hard for this, so enjoy every minute of it and be proud of yourself! :smile:
  • Redkoala
    Redkoala Posts: 146
    Options
    Good for you! Im the same but the longest eye to eye contact ive had is about 3secs im not keeping a record or anything :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!