P90x vs Chalean extreme

Options
jaz050465
jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
I have a small amount to fat to lose but need to tone up. I've been using CE which I love but having trouble finding some cardio I like to go along with The weight workouts as i dont like her cardio stuff. Thinking of maybe doing P90x instead. Has anyone done both, if so, how do they compare.

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    You can swap out her cardio videos for whatever cardio you want to do, it doesn't matter.

I have done both P90X and Chalean Extreme, and I like them both simply because they both incorporate weight training and cardio and advocate a good diet (many programs lack one or two of those important things). P90X has longer workouts and are more challenging since there are no pull-ups in Chalean, but both are challenging as long as you use the correct weight for you. I insanely *hate* Yoga X and never do it anymore. I always used a different yoga video. I don't really get a good workout (cardio wise) from P90X cardio EXCEPT for Plyometrics. Kenpo is fun, but doesn't burn many calories for me.

I personally recommend doing either the weight training from P90X or Chalean in conjunction with cardio that you simply prefer. It doesn't have to be the program's cardio to "work" since you are just trying to get your heart rate up.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    You can swap out her cardio videos for whatever cardio you want to do, it doesn't matter.

I have done both P90X and Chalean Extreme, and I like them both simply because they both incorporate weight training and cardio and advocate a good diet (many programs lack one or two of those important things). P90X has longer workouts and are more challenging since there are no pull-ups in Chalean, but both are challenging as long as you use the correct weight for you. I insanely *hate* Yoga X and never do it anymore. I always used a different yoga video. I don't really get a good workout (cardio wise) from P90X cardio EXCEPT for Plyometrics. Kenpo is fun, but doesn't burn many calories for me.

I personally recommend doing either the weight training from P90X or Chalean in conjunction with cardio that you simply prefer. It doesn't have to be the program's cardio to "work" since you are just trying to get your heart rate up.

Thanks. It's the cardio bit I'm looking for. Trying to find something that I enjoy ( I don't like boxing like Turbofire), that is also challenging ( I found Hip Hop Abs too easy) but it not full of jumping like insanity as I have a bit of a ddgy back.
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    I have a hard time finding cardio I enjoy too. I do the Turbo Fire HIITs with CLX. What I love about the HIITs is that I can get my cardio out of the way quickly.
  • jessvolpe
    jessvolpe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think the CE cardio is too easy as well. What about running do you like that? If you're looking for a BB program Combat is supposed to be good as well.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    I think the CE cardio is too easy as well. What about running do you like that? If you're looking for a BB program Combat is supposed to be good as well.
    I will run again in the summer but a bit cold now. I don't like the combat stuff. That's why I'm struggling to find something as most cardio workouts nowadays seem to be that.