flat stomach wanted........HELP

Options
hi i was wondering if anyone has a good workout routine which helps with a flatter stomach. I currently do:
Monday spinning
Wednesday free weights and cardio at the gym
Saturday body pump
Plus i am currently doing the 30 day squat challenge on here.
I don't have a big belly but i just want it to firm up. Any help would be great x

Replies

• Amazing1985RSD
    Options
    A lot of people seem shocked when I say this, but the best thing for a goal like this is to eat less. Do you have a weight loss goal in mind? Have you had your body fat percentage checked?
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    best way to get a flat stomach is to limit the fat in the area which you can do by dieting and exercising. there isn't a specific exercise that makes your stomach flat, but once your stomach is actually flat the shape and density of your abdominal muscles can make it look better, so you need to get rid of fat and work out your abs. any type of crunches, reverse crunches, planks, etc, can help with that.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Training abs under fat in some cases make the fat push out making your stomach less flat.

Eat less / Exercise more

There are certain foods that help you not bloat like pineapple, but I'm not going to get into that situation... As suggested planks helps realign your hips with your spine --> doesn't make your stomach look more pushed out than it is.
  • lillauraloo
    Options
    I find that if i cut down my carbs, i dont get as bloated = flat stomach, and also the sit up bench at the gym is a god send - around 80 to 100 sit ups each visit (3/4 times a week) should firm your stomach in no time. Maybe try the plank too (45 seconds plank, 45 break x3) that'll make your core and abs sooo much stronger!
  • jaquwa
    jaquwa Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Its more about what you eat than working out....abs are made in the kitchen. Eat more protein and less carbs, this will help.
  • AngieSitaAustin
    AngieSitaAustin Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    thank you all for your suggestions, i dont think i can eat less as suggested as i only eat between 1200-1400 per day depending on activity level anyway, so ill try to do more planks. thanks guys x
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    just keep up your exercising and dieting and eventually your stomach will be flat. it just takes consistent effort and time.
  • Amazing1985RSD
    Options
    thank you all for your suggestions, i dont think i can eat less as suggested as i only eat between 1200-1400 per day depending on activity level anyway, so ill try to do more planks. thanks guys x

That is pretty low. You should be losing weight already. Do you do cardio? That would be my next suggestion.
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    I have a naturally round belly plus I've had two c-sections and I was able to change the shape of my stomach (from round to flat) through core work. Just use a varied approach that hits everything, abs and back, and be consistent by adding core-targeted routines to your workouts three times a week.
  • LadyL2012
    LadyL2012 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    BUMP.

My problem areas were my thighs/*kitten* and arms. I always liked my stomach as I have a naturally small waist.

Since I have been losing weight my problem areas are massively improved, but it seems like all the fat I've lost from my problem areas has gone to my waist and it actually looks fatter than before?

I know you can't spot reduce, but any suggestions?

I do Insanity 3-4 times a week and have a 1400 -ish calorie goal.