Hello!!

Options
Hi my name is Sarah, I'm 24 years old and from the UK. Up until this week I was doing weightwatchers but in last couple months it's been very up and down and so I decided to give my fitness pal a go. I'm finding it okay so far but I wondered how people spread out their calories? Do you aim to spend a certain amount at each meal. Do you menu plan? Any advice would be great as really want to make it work and lose rest of my weight. Thanks

Replies

• turtlefitnessdad
    turtlefitnessdad Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I don't do anything like that but my wife does. She finds it very helpful when it comes to making sure what she eats stays with in her macro goals. Good luck.
  • Sambytheway82
    Options
    I try to menu plan or a least plan meals it helps with me an my family! My diary's open to friends if you want to add me xx
  • melsy21
    melsy21 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hello back and welcome!

For me, I feel like I need to eat every 2-3 hours so I spread them out. But for my 3 meals is probably where I eat a larger portion of calories... I dunno, hope that helps ;)
  • turtlefitnessdad
    Options
    and oh yeah, MFP is much better then WW. :smile:
  • Filletsteak
    Filletsteak Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah, welcome! I created my diary to read: Breakfast, Elevenses, Lunch, Snacks, Dinner and Supper. I usually know what I'm having for breakfast and dinner and base the other meals around it. Don't forget, the free foods in WW have calories here. It takes getting used to but the database is a great help. Find out what suits you best, keep trying, keep moving! Best of luck.
  • Sarahwithlove22
    Sarahwithlove22 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Adjusting to weighing fruit/veg is whats been the hardest part but I'm getting there slowly. I think its just going to take time to learn to adjust to how many calories I want to use on meals and snacks etc, what sort of times of day I get hungry etc.
  • turtlefitnessdad
    Options
    Adjusting to weighing fruit/veg is whats been the hardest part but I'm getting there slowly. I think its just going to take time to learn to adjust to how many calories I want to use on meals and snacks etc, what sort of times of day I get hungry etc.

don't make it to hard. Just log EVERYTHING and stay under your correctly calculated daily calorie goal.