garcinia cambogia

Options
Hi everyone,

I stumbled across garcinia cambogia on-line last night and it caught my attention. I guess Dr. Oz calls it the "holy grail of weight loss" (I've never really seen Dr. Oz so if anyone has any opinions on his opinion, I'll take that too).

Just wondering if anyone has heard about this (I'm guessing some of you have) and if you have tried it, has it helped? Also did you try it while monitoring your calorie intake and exercise? I would like to try it, but plan to continue exercising and watching my calories with the help of this site.

Any insight would be appreciated:) Thanks! Have a great day.

Replies

• seattle78
    Options
    Im trying it out now. So far Im not hungry so it for sure works for the appitite supressent. Ive only been on it for 3 days so I will see.
  • THExNEKOxCHAN
    THExNEKOxCHAN Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't trust doc oz any further than I could throw him.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    zCQelYB.gif
    Dr. Oz has some new miracle every few days.

Long term cure? Quit Dr. Oz.
  • speedgraphic19
    Options
    Don't listen to Dr. Oz. Garcinia cambogia is just the next in a long string of miracle weight loss pills.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I stumbled across garcinia cambogia on-line last night and it caught my attention. I guess Dr. Oz calls it the "holy grail of weight loss" (I've never really seen Dr. Oz so if anyone has any opinions on his opinion, I'll take that too).
    Here's my opinion on Dr. Oz - he's a *kitten* who sells himself to the highest bidder. He's a quack and has recommended/endorsed a lot of worthless diet scams that have cost people a lot of money and done absolutely nothing for them other than a "placebo effect". The best thing to do with his advice is ignore it. Garcinia Cambogia is just another in the long line of snake oil "magic pills" he's promoted. The only place you'll lose weight is in your wallet.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Hey, ya'll. I work at a natural market, and recently, we haven't been able to keep Garcinia Cambogia extract in stock. We've always carried it, but ever since Dr. Oz..

no.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ...GC blocks the production of new fat cells so that you can get rid of the fat cells you already have in the form of energy expenditure. It shrinks the cells by causing them to release some volume as you use the stored energy...
    I would absolutely LOVE a scientific explanation of how it accomplishes this - preferably with a controlled study which corroborates the above hypothesis. Until then, I'm calling absolute, utter and total BS and sticking to my opinion that it's a worthless diet scam.
  • limitedmommy
    limitedmommy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have been using garcinia cambogia since Friday and it sure has helped with curbing my appetite I'm not so hungry all the time. I don't care what others say I did my research into it and from what I found it was worth a try and being natural and pure I don't see why not.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    From yesterday.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/850308-green-coffee-bean-extract-gcbe-and-garcinia-cambogia

Please note the long time members with successful weight loss advice against it and any diet pill in general.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    From yesterday.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/850308-green-coffee-bean-extract-gcbe-and-garcinia-cambogia

Please note the long time members with successful weight loss advice against it and any diet pill in general.

^This plus Dr. Oz is a quack! I agree with the person who equaled him to a *kitten*.
    He is, he tells you one thing one week & a few months later, he's telling you the exact opposite.
    He's more interested in selling you useless crap than he is helping you.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't trust doc oz any further than I could throw him.

Your picture and comment go perfectly together.
  • Danieboo757
    Options
    if you use this and it works be prepared to depend on it for the long run bcuz just lik eevery other "diet" quick fix ur gonna gain the weight right back once u stop using it bcuz the effect are going to ware off and ur body it going to go back to its natural routine...healthy diet and excerise is the best way to lose weight and keep it off.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Placebos are a hell of a drug.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Save your money!!!