Your Results with 30 Day Shred with Jillian?

Options
5hellz
5hellz Posts: 63 Member
Okay I have seen a lot of posts from people doing the shred. Can you tell me your results and how much space you need to do it cuz I don't have a lot of room. I go to the gym but I'm considering adding something I can do at home when I get bored.

Any and all input will be greatly appreciated =)

Replies

• lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    To do the 30DS you really only need enough room to be able to lie down to do crunches!
    I only did it for 10 days last year, I'm planning on starting it again some time soon.
    But last year after 10 days, you don't lose a lot of weight, but you lose a lot of inches! I lost about 4 inches off my waist, 6 off my hips and 6 off my bust :-)
  • 5hellz
    Options
    4 inches off your waist after 10 days!! WOW! That's definitely a plus
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Good stuff. Only 20 minutes but it's a workout. No loss in weight but firmer. :)
  • jb1164
    jb1164 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    He there.
    Today I started 30DS, and I managed it in my lounge. You need enough space to lie down and enough width to spread out your arms to the side (while lying down!)
    When I watched it through I thought it would be easy, but I found it quite a challenge, esp the jumping jacks.
    Hope to see results as my scales seem stuck!
    Good luck to you :0)
  • 5hellz
    Options
    Definitely sounds like something I may want to start....because I want to tone and lose inches and just look better too
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    The girls are giving you good advice. You don't need an over abundance of space. I am on day 5 and feel more toned already. I thought Day 1 was easy enough (except for the bicycle crunches which still kill me). When I woke up on Day 2 my thighs and calves were killing me! It made Day 2 & 3 more difficult to do through the pain but Day 4 was better. Good luck with it!
  • 5hellz
    Options
    Thank you =)
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm currently doing 30DS. You don't need a lot of room to do it. As long as you've got enough room to lay out and make a snow angel you'll have enough room, if that makes sense lol.

If you go to the gym then you'll probably find the exercises pretty easy. I'm not very fit but find the videos do-able and they get my heart rate up throughout.

In the first 12 days I did 30DS along with 6 weeks to a six pack. I lost 5lbs and my chest, tum and bum all got a bit smaller. I then had a break due to illness so I've started level 2 again and I'm just 5 days in so apart from feeling a bit achey I've not go much more to report.

Its worth a go when its free on Youtube :o)
  • michellecairns391
    michellecairns391 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi what is the 30ds :)
  • 5hellz
    Options
    It's the 30 Day Shred (30DS) with Jillian Michaels from Biggest Loser and from what I have read it's a really good workout....I've considered buying it myself and just wanted everyone else's opinion before I spend the money for it
  • Boogage
    Options
    hi what is the 30ds :)

Its Jillian Michaels from The Biggest Loser. A three video workout called 30 Day Shred and you do each video for 10 days. Its on Youtube
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    It is on Youtube so you don't need to spend a dime to get it!
  • 5hellz
    Options
    I just did Day 1 (got it off YouTube) and OMG!!! I can see why people are losing inches!
  • Boogage
    Options
    Fantastic. Stay committed and look forward to seeing those results!
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    My 30 days of the shred ends Tuesday march 5th. I have before and after pics. Today I am officially six weeks from giving birth and the shred whooped my abs , butt, and thighs back into defined less flabby less cellulite wonders. I had better results when I did it last year but I also didn't just have a baby. My absolutely are still recovering from 40 weeks of stretching and pulling apart for baby. Regardless the results are undeniable. Again posting before and after pics around this Tuesday. PS list inches and went from 155lbs to 148lbs (though the scale said 151lbs today hoping it drops back down to 148 by last day) my pre pregnancy weight was 145lbs :)
  • 5hellz
    Options
    Congratulations to all who have completed this 30 Day Shred!!! I completed my first day and was unable to do anything, go to the gym, walk normal, or bend over because I was in so much pain. I realized that I enjoy the gym way too much at this time and the gym is way too important to my life at this time so I have postponed the 30DS with Jillian for now =)

That woman is T-O-U-G-H!!!!!!
  • aclark316
    aclark316 Posts: 66
    Options
    I did 30DS at the beginning of my weight loss journey and was a little disappointed. I defintiely toned up but was at the point where i was still needing to drop the lbs. That program didn't do it for me. After a few weeks of walking funny and sticking to that one i quickly moved onto Turbo Jam. that and TurboFire was where i really started to see results. The lbs starting melting off. It was the cardio that I needed. I definitely incorporate weight lifting into my routine (because it really helps increase the metabolism and burn more) but the cardio is where it's at if trying to burn the cals. I have some before and afters too. If you are interested in seeing them send me a pm! I would love to share. :)
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I've done it about 3 times. I just purchased it about 2 weeks ago and had 2 long weekends in a row where I was gone so I haven't been too consistent. I did notice that even with a few days in between, my 3rd time was WAY easier. Don't get me wrong, I was still exhausted at the end but I was able to move this morning.

I plan to do it M-Th and take the weekends off, mainly because I'm not home. Weight hasn't really changed but I think clothes are a little better-ish.

You don't need much space. I have my living room but I pretty much keep the whole workout confined to my yoga mat.
  • devan33
    devan33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I completed it in 30 days..but just seen this post on the forums about the way Jillian advises to use it....
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/532781-30-day-shred-and-what-jillian-says