Frozen yogurt, good or bad?

Options
How good or bad is frozen yogurt with fresh strawberries. It taste really good so it kinda feels like its bad for you. So good no good how often is acceptable? And info will help thanks :)

Replies

• imtrinat
    imtrinat Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I think of it as a healthy alternative to ice cream. The calories are generally lower and you have the benefit of probiotics and the nutrients from the fruit. Everything in moderation, of course.
  • tenintwenty
    Options
    The exact content of the frozen yogurt kinda depends on the brand. Read your labels and don't let your portions get too big. Look for higher protein and lower sugar content. Like sweetened yogurt - consider it a treat due to the added refined sugar, and eat it as often as often as you like and the rest of your diet allows. If your diet has room for a daily treat, then eating it daily is fine. I used to eat golden spoon as my recovery snack every day after my runs.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the brand.

I love frozen yogurt as an alternative to ice cream. Less calories.
  • jello1369
    jello1369 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like taking the family out for frozen yogurt. It helps calm my sweet tooth cravings for ice cream. Though they have gotten pretty used to my portion controll skinny cow ice cream sandwiches as well--good thing too because teenage boys could eat a gallon of ice cream a day!

My trick is to count. Not too fast, not too slow, just count like you're counting seconds as it comes out of the machine 1...2...3...4. For every count it's one ounce of yogurt...a couple of tries and you'll have it down pat. It really helps at places where all they have are those enormous bowls because they know people will fill them up and they'll cash in on the sale.
  • flaca0131
    flaca0131 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice, any of you ladies eat a specific brand that you found is healthier?
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    It's only bad if you stole it or left it on the counter for two days....:bigsmile: I like Chapman's - low in fat and HUGE in flavour - and you get all kinds.....
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    fage greek yogurt mixed with fresh strawberries and then frozen tastes entirely too much like cheese cake. just putting that out there.