Former fatty runs 5k in 40 minutes :D

Options
Carfoodel
Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
on the treadmill.

After walking 2 miles to the gym at a 12 min mile pace :)

going into it cold without any previous attempts, just to see if I could manage it.

guess who is going to sign up for a 5k in June and see how much I can shave off that time?

yeay NSV! :D

Replies

• devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    on the treadmill.

After walking 2 miles to the gym at a 12 min mile pace :)

going into it cold without any previous attempts, just to see if I could manage it.

guess who is going to sign up for a 5k in June and see how much I can shave off that time?

yeay NSV! :D

congratulations!! what a fantastic achievement!
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a great NSV!
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! That is fantastic! I have 2, 5ks coming up, one at the end of April and the next at the beginning of May (2 weekends in a row). My kids are all doing it with me and I am super excited.
  • famousmel
    famousmel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!! I walked on the treadmill for a full month before even beginning the C25K and am barely cutting it!! (But I am:wink: )
  • Carfoodel
    Options
    I am really pleased as I have been wondering if I was ready for doing an event so I feel really pleased that this is my starting point - going to see if I can shave some time off that before June.

Thanks very much for all your comments :)
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    That's amazing Carol. Keep it up, you're doing great!!!! :drinker:
  • living_loving_laughing2013
    Options
    That's freakin' amazing!! You got this!!
  • madamecj82
    madamecj82 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Awesome! =)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is an amazing feeling isnt it? I'm so proud of you! :flowerforyou:
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Yeehaw!! Good for you!
  • ahoyhoy749
    ahoyhoy749 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Keep up the great work!!! :) You are my inspiration for the day!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Keep up the great work!
  • sarahbai1
    Options
    Congrats! I just ran my first one last saturday and it was an AMAZING feeling. I haven't really exercised in like 10 years and im a smoker. I never thought I could do it. Now I have another one in two weeks and im going to try and speed up my time a little!
  • clperrett
    clperrett Posts: 33
    Options
    Fantastic work, well done :)

excellent weight loss :)
  • Carfoodel
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Keep up the great work!!! :) You are my inspiration for the day!

wow, thanks very much that is awesome to know :)

thanks for all the comments - looks like there are a few of us that have a 5k as a future goal - go us! :)

well done sarahbai1 on running your first on Saturday- sounds like you have the bug and itsmyVWbettle that's great that your family are running with you :) and famousmel - great that you are "cutting it" congrats :D

Trailrunner - yes it is an amazing feeling - I have to go into work tonight and I am just going to be so hyper as I am so excited about finally starting to feel like a runner :)
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Future fatty here doesnt like to run
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Sometimes ya' just have to dive in and see what you can do! You finished it!! YAY!!!! And, trust me, by June. . .in a real race with all that pent up excitement. . .you will EASILY improve on that baseline 40 min run. GO get it, Girl!!! YAY!!!!
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    That is amazing. I started at about an hour at Christmas and have just worked to 37:30. It's some hard work! Keep at it! PS: The Susan G. Komen races are a great first run! There are a lot of run/walkers. You can time yourself and it's great fun...they keep it exciting, and it's for a great cause!
  • b3kah5
    b3kah5 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You are going to rock that 5K!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!