Anybody do Bikram?

Options
I found a calories burned calculator for bikram yoga but am astounded at the result. According to this thing, I burned 1123 calories in one bikram session. Amazing if true, but I just want to make sure that's accurate. Does that sound right to anyone?

Here's the link to the calculator: http://www.bikram-yoga-noosa-australia.com/bikram-yoga-weight-loss.htm

If this is true I think I am a bikram convert. that's like a whole day's worth of calories! And I love the burn and sweating my butt off (literally?)

Replies

• matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of calories for yoga...how long did you do it for?
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Bikram is 90 minutes, so you can get a lot of calories burned in that time, especially if you are very overweight to begin with. However, I find that there is a lot of tendency to overestimate calorie burn, so I'd be skeptical of any numbers that large. I would think a more realistic result would be about 300-400 or so less than that, which is still a great burn!
  • desdelapatria
    Options
    Yes a Bikram yoga session is 90 minutes long. But I agree, that number seems pretty high - I'm going to start a putting it in at a lower count.

Thanks for the advice!