Treadmills

Options
I'm curently a member of a gym, but will be moving in a few months.
The new place will hopefully have a basement that I can build into a home gym. One of the items I'd really like is a good treadmill that I can run on for upto 45 minutes, maybe even an hour occassionally. I'm kind of leary of the lower priced ones at places like Wally World.

Any suggestions on a good one that doesn't cost a ton? I don't need a lot of frills, just the ability to alter the speed on it.

Replies

• ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    bump.....no recommendations?
  • zilliegirl
    zilliegirl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have had several wally world treadmills they are fine just make sure that you can make it incline for higher calorie burn.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Go for a brand name that has the biggest motor you can afford. A treadmill takes a beating so you want the strongest frame and biggest HP motor you can afford. Nordictrack often has discontinued sales on their site and you can get a good machine at a reasonable price. Nothing they sell at Walmart is worth bringing home.
  • arsan
    arsan Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I workout at home too and this is the one I use
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-Trainer-410-Treadmill/17164498
  • Winks0118
    Winks0118 Posts: 25
    Options
    We bought a treadmill from Walmart and it's been functioning surprisingly well for the last 18 months. It's a ProForm Cross Track 390. It appears that they don't sell them anymore, but they may have something comparable.

The heart rate monitor is crap, but the programs are good and I can run on it for over 40 minutes at 6.0mph without any issues.
  • Malia73034
    Options
    I spent a little more money on mine and got a nautilaus. I've had it for 2 years now and it is still going strong with 3 people using it. My youngest daughter speed walks on it for 99 minutes at a time with no problems. I generally don't go past 60 min walk/run at a time. It is used every day.
  • emih29
    emih29 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I workout at home too and this is the one I use
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-Trainer-410-Treadmill/17164498

I have this one too and love it
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recommendations,
    I wasn't aware of the Norditrack clearance sales...that might be worth looking into.