Somewhat Discouraged

Options
In February of 2008, I weighed 300 pounds. As A 5'11 Male of 26 years old, that was pretty heavy. 3 years later, through diet, exercise and the original Weight Watchers I had lost over 130 pounds and weighed a very slim 158. I fluctuated between 170 and 160 usually, which was fine, I still felt great, however, in November of 2011, I was feeling some anxiety and asked my doctor to go on Lexapro. In a little over a month, I went from 170 to 200. I don't know that I had ever gained weight so fast in all my life. This was still watching my points as I had always done. I was so confused and upset! I went off of the Medication. It is now a little over a year later and I have been struggling to lose the weight that I put on. At 197.5 now, I am still way less than the 300 I was, but I am somewhat discouraged as it only had taken me 6-7 months before to lose the majority of my weight

I have tried the new WW Points Plus, and I get the science behind it, it is just not working for me. I have tried MFP and it seems as if I am allowed to have many more calories that I should be allowed--I mean with my exercise, I am eating 2300-2800 calories a day! I am feeling bloated and I haven't been losing much weight...at all. I need some help and guidance! Anything is appreciated!

Wejo

Replies

• redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    First of all, are you using a heart rate monitor to calculate your exercise calories? If not, you may be overestimating how many calories you're burning, and therefore you are eating too many calories.

Secondly, how are you breaking down your calories into fat/protein/carbs? If you're feeling bloated, you may want to look at shifting some of your calories from carbs to protein. I shifted about 15% of my carbs to protein and saw some good weight loss, as well as a decrease in the days I felt like the Michelin Man.

Good luck!
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    the biggest challenges and the steepest obstacles are always between you and the greatest victories and adventures. Keep going.