Do I Just Start Over??

Options
SO, I had been doing the Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred and having great success with it. I had reached day 10 and was getting ready to move onto the second level. Unfortunately I suffered a pretty bad injury on my off day. So it's been 2 weeks since I've done the workouts (I've been doing a few much less strenuous exercises instead). I want your opinion on if I should just start over or start back up where I left off and just jump into level 2 after 2 weeks of doing nothing. Thank you in advance for any responses. I'm looking forward to what you have to say :-)

--Gillian--

Replies

• Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    I would say to start over, to ease your body back into it after the injury. It stinks and seems like a loss of progress but it is better than getting hurt again!
  • obifatkanobi
    obifatkanobi Posts: 190
    Options
    Yes, start over, it's better than another injury which would only set you back further. Looking on the bright side, it will go much easier and faster the second time around, adding more tone to your muscles.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I'd say start over, but if you feel like you can do it with ease, maybe you can try doing only half of level one? Just try it and see how you feel - but make sure you listen to your body so you don't hurt yourself again!
  • cmurphy04722
    cmurphy04722 Posts: 254
    Options
    Don't think of it as "starting over" but as doing it right this time around hehe. That's what I'm doing. Fell off my Insanity workout program after going at it for 2 weeks and I'm just now getting motivated to start again after almost a week off. Back to the grindstone...but now I know what I'm in for, I know what it takes to keep going and not fall behind, I know how to refuel after the workouts, and I know that I can totally do it.

I'm in there with ya lady, let's "start over" and get our butts in shape!
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    To add, I am in the same boat. I slipped on some ice and injured myself, and was out for about 2 weeks. As much as it kills me I went back 3 weeks on my running program. Mostly because my boyfriend urged me to take it easy, probably so he did not have to put up with me sitting around and whining. :laugh:
  • gillian_gail
    Options
    Thank you all very much. I'm thinking that I am going to take your advice. So today's Day 1 again of Level 1. But honestly, I'm kinda looking forward to doing it over and see how much progress I've made since I first started it :happy:

--Gillian--