JUNE STARTERS ~ June 7th

Options
kandyjo
kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
I didn't see a thread for this week...
If there is one, someone point me to it! :laugh:

I'm still in awe that we have been plugging away for a whole year now! WOW!!! :drinker:
Some of us have come farther than others in our actually weight loss, but if you are still on this thread, you are still on the right path.... I have fought with myself about throwing in the towel... if you're there too... DON'T DO IT!!!!!
I am stubborn. That's my problem!
I'm up 10 pounds ladies... That's right, 10 pounds!!! I gave in and weighed myself yesterday. I cried. I cried for like 30 minuites. Why did I let myself slip up and gain those 10 back?!!!! As hard as it is for me to loose... WHY DID I LET MYSELF GAIN THEM BACK?!!!
I needed to get on here this morning and let you guys know. I need the accountability. I need to own up to it. I need to stare it right in the face.
I feel like I not only let myself down, but that I let you ladies down as well... That might sound totally insane, but that is the way I feel.
I don't want the post for this week to be negative at all..... We need to celebrate those who have reached and are so close to reaching their goal weight!!!! I'm so proud of you!!!! And you are such an encouragement to me...
Busymom... The pics you posted last week are FABULOUS!!! You are an inspiration!!! Never stop reminding us of your success!!! :happy: :drinker:

Replies

• shannahrenee
    shannahrenee Posts: 380
    Options
    KJ I'm so proud of you for posting about your gain. I personally know how hard that was, but I know you won't throw in the towel and I know you won't let yourself continue to gain.

We've all had those moments (or we wouldn't be here) and instead of saying oh well I've gained 10 lbs I might as well continue to eat whatever and stop exercising all together you've realized what has happened and want to keep pushing foward.

We're all here for you and we've all been there!

I've actually been struggling lately as well, but starting today I'm making some changes. I've decided to only weigh in once a week and I'm going to start doing it on Mondays to keep myself accountable over the weekend where I always fail.

So here it is ladies

LW: 191
    CW: 193.5 (:sad: )

I just can't seem to stay under 190 for more than a week these days.
  • autumn130
    autumn130 Posts: 48
    Options
    These are two motivating posts!!!! I know you both gained but your attitude is still great. I am trying to get back on the band waggon and it keeps kicking me off. But I hope this time will stick!
  • shannahrenee
    Options
    These are two motivating posts!!!! I know you both gained but your attitude is still great. I am trying to get back on the band waggon and it keeps kicking me off. But I hope this time will stick!

I hope so too. I know the wagon sure does push me off hard sometimes!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Thanks, shannon!!!! We can do this!!! I already lost those 10 lbs once... I'm going to kick there *kitten* again!! LOL and then some :laugh:

Autumn... hang in there, chica!!!! I'm coming to realize more and more that this is a LIFE CHOICE!! No easy fix... You can't slack up when you have lost 45lbs (what I did)..... Have to keep plugging away!!!!

Let's do this!!!!... again!!!! :laugh:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Just want to say hi all ... I'm way busy in my life right now ... but I don't want to lose you all. Kandy Jo ... we seem to have more and more in common all the time. If you keep at I'll keep at it.
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I have had a brutal day. I did not intend to post at all. I have been thinking of switching my weigh in day back to Wednesday because it is so hard to always be up on Monday mornings (sets a bad tone for the week). I changed it so I would be more accountable on the weekends, but I am not behaving with any accountability at all. Yes I had a great loss last week for the first time in forever so I found that very motivating up until Thursday. I had a busy weekend, we did not eat at home other than our breakfast and the scale showed that this morning.

My point is I was going to not weigh in officially until Wednesday until I read your posts Kandy and Shanna. You are both struggling and sticking with it and I am very proud of both of you. I am struggling right along with you. You are both strong and you both have come so far. It is easy to gain and hard to lose, but the good news is it is not impossible.

Kandy- I am glad you faced the number. I am sorry you took it so hard. Try and let that feeling fuel you towards sticking with it. I think that by our next anniversary you WILL be in "one"derland which I know has been a huge goal for you. For today though focus on everyday as it comes. If you slip don't throw in the towel. I know last year when you were having your best success you posted every day (multiple times), maybe you need to pop in and tell us how good or bad your day is. We are here to encourage you, let us!

Shanna- Lots of the same from above applies to you too. You have come so far. Stick with it. have you considered changing your goal to a shorter term goal. How about aiming to lose 10 or 15 pounds by your wedding? Maybe if you have something smaller to focus on you will do better. I know when you first started it was important for you to get into "one"derland as well. Maybe having that smaller goal to get to was less daunting so therefore easier to achieve.

Anyways here is my weigh in for this week...

LW 145
    CW 146

I think I just need to get myself logging again. I understand food now, but I still over eat the good stuff when I don't log. I do well for a day or 2 and then I stop again -usually after I devour a bowl of chips or ice cream- which totally proves my point.

Thanks again Kandy and Shanna, I would not have owned it if you hadn't. Here's to better days to come girls. It's June, let's get started!! (again)
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    Options
    Just remember this feeling and use it for motivation to drive you for the next while! Just think of how far you've come from last June! If anyone can do it, you gals can! :flowerforyou: We'll start our own cheerleading squad, complete with pompoms! :drinker:

I won't be able to weigh in next week.. I leave tomorrow afternoon to go home for a week's vacation, then immediately following that is week-long work trip. I fly back into Ottawa next Monday morning, then have to be back at the airport that same evening for a flight to Saskatchewan, oh goodie!

My weigh-in for this week..
    SW 182.4
    LW 132.2
    CW 131.8
  • yellowhouse
    Options
    Just back from a lovely 10 day family vacation- let myself drink wine and I didn't get as much exercise as normal- up about 3 pounds. I was back at the gym bright and early this morning trying to get myself back on the right track.

L
  • kizzym
    kizzym Posts: 250
    Options
    i'm 30 years old...just turned 30 in may...highest weight EVER was 189 ibs that was back in 2002/2003...til i joined a couple of weight loss support groups and i went all the way down to 150s...and i stopped going to them and i'm now up to 180 ibs again...i vowed to myself when i weighed at 189 i would never reach the 200 mark and since than i never have...

sw: 180
    gw by end of june: 175
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Hey girls! Still can't believe we have been together for a year...some of us are closer to goal than others, but we are all pressing toward a goal, whether that be maintaining or continuing to lose. What I have learned this year is that I may stumble, but I can always get back up and start again. I have had some bad days, even weeks, but I know that I can come back here and start over each time. It is not hopeless and I don't have to settle with being unhappy with my body and health. It's a constant struggle, but one that we are making together! :flowerforyou:

I take my test next Friday! Wahhhh so close. I had a bad dream this morning that the dean of students came to me and told me that if I didn't do well on the test then I was kicked out of medical school :frown: Guess it just shows the angst that I am hiding inside! It doesn't help me to think about it all the time, so I just try to remain positive and keep doing what I have to...no time for worrying...it can just work itself out in my dreams :laugh:
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Dropping in to say hey- busy today- will read through the posts later! :heart: JS'ers!!
  • busymom74
    Options
    Kj- Thanks so much! I had a gain and just can't seem to kick my butt back into gear again. You're words have DEF helped me to get motivated again! Thank you!! You're 10 lb gain will come off faster than the first time i just know it!

Shannah- I know you can do it! Is it a mental block? I know I had one when i hit 150. (3 times!)

Magglett- You can NEVER lose us!!

Schlieffen- awesome loss!

Yellowhouse- Hopefully the 3 lbs comes off before the next weigh in and you can pretend it never happened.

Courtney- I'm so proud of you for making your goal! That's so inspiring!

What happened?? We all thought summer would make everything EASIER to lose! lol Why isn't this easier????

Gotta keep plugging along!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    THanks for the words of encouragement!!!! They mean SO much!!
  • kizzym
    kizzym Posts: 250
    Options
    what exactly do we need to do on this thread?
  • busymom74
    Options
    Kizzy- this is a thread We "June Starters" started last year to keep up our motivation. We weigh in once a week on the day of our choice and I put it on a Spreadsheet and post it to our website. It's a place where we can come and rant about bad days and rave about great ones. :bigsmile:

I have not cleared it with our oldies but I'm sure no one objects having new people join us! The more the merrier!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I agree... The more the merrier!!! And our group is just too awesome to keep it to ourselves!! =)

Magglett!!! You can NEVER leave!!!!! :happy: We LOVE you too much!!!!:drinker:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies - it's been a long time since I posted on here....I've gone up and up since posting last. I've been and on & off "the wagon" a million times. But seeing that next Tuesday is my official one year mark I had to come back and say HI!!! I'm so proud of the group we have left! Some have made it to goal, some of us haven't but in year we have made changes to our life for the better. Whether we are down 5 lbs in a year or 50lbs we are engaging in healthier lifestyles (most of the time:wink: ) !!!! Congrats to all my June Starter Friends for still being here one year later! Think of how many people were on this thread just one year ago....did you think you'd be one of the "last people standing?" Be proud of yourself for still plugging along!

SW 176.5
    CW 139.5
  • kaja
    kaja Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    bumping till i have a chance to post
  • shannahrenee
    Options
    So in an attempt to not stress so much about "the number" my fiance hid my scale (at my request) and it's driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!

Every time I'm in the bathroom I think hey maybe I'll weigh myself...but alas. :noway:

Anyway, I've been doing well this week. Been under my calories every day except yesterday...over by about 300 and have been walking on my lunch break every day. I just hope I can keep it up!
  • busymom74
    Options
    So did I tell you guys I'm going to a wedding in Aug which is my new motivation for getting the last bit of weight off?? Yep. lol I needed this though to help remind me of my goal. :bigsmile: