Any Nike+ users out there?

Options
Hello!

I just started the nike+ 12 week walk to run program. I am on week 1 day 6 and I am surprised how good I feel!

Anyone else out there new to the nike+ and this site? Any help, inspiration, tips and friends will be apreciated!

Replies

• LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I use the nike+ sportsband but I don't follow any programs on there yet. I am in the middle of a training program i found in a magazine. I would like to follow the Larry Fitzgerald's program soon.
  • bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am a Nike+ user. Feel free to add me as a friend and on Nike+ (bobobbin). I tend to join the challenges to keep me motivated. My daily workouts generally include shorter runs then I will get in a longer run 2-4 times a month.
  • narna04
    narna04 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi,
    I've never heard of the nike+walk to run program but I'm interested. I read your profile and I also want to be fit by 40 but I've only got about year to do it :smile: add me as a friend if you like.
  • porkchopz
    porkchopz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I use the Nike+ sportband. A word of warning...make sure to calibrate it with at least 1 mile of running.

I calibrated it with .5 miles, relied on the sportband for training, and then ran in a 7.5 mile race. At the end of the race, my sportband said I had gone 9 miles! I then re-calibrated it in a track using about 1.5 miles of running.
  • candicemcl
    candicemcl Posts: 59
    Options
    http://nikerunning.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikeplus/en_CA/plus/#//challenges/detail/1148377910/

MFP June Challenge

I got my sensor a few mths ago and LOVE it, I haven't tried the programs yet but seek out challenges to keep my motivated and push myself further as well as setting goals for myself

I go by same name on Nike+ site
  • HealthyKt78
    HealthyKt78 Posts: 439
    Options
    I used to be a nike + user but I lost my sensor. I really need to buy another one.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I hope to get the Nike+ kit soon! :happy: I'd love to do challenges but also just keep track of my runs in a more organized fashion.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I use it and love it! I only use it to track my runs though. I don't even know what the 12 week thing is :laugh: Good luck!
  • rastrillo
    rastrillo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've been using Nike+ and nikerunning.com since the start of the year (2011). I love it but would really like to add some friends on the site, as well as this one. I've not had any luck searching people on nikerunning.com.
    If you want to be friends with me on nikerunning.com search for FF617 with the friend finder, I look forward to running with you!
  • freefall135
    Options
    hi everyone, i just started using nike+. feel free to add me: freefall135 :*
  • olivia_june
    olivia_june Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    @freefall135, your user didn't show up on Nike+

I added those of you who posted your users in this thread....I have no friends on Nike+, haha. My user is juunebug. :)
  • annieshaf
    annieshaf Posts: 10
    Options
    Have requested you as a friend olivia june and have joined your MFP challenge!
  • Damiown
    Damiown Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I added everyone above me! I thought I was the only person who had the Nike + band. I always love friendly competition. You can fine me on there as Darius Constancio. I do Olympic Weightlifting and occasionally play volleyball. Got to keep burning those pesky calories!
  • Tmarceaub
    Tmarceaub Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I know there are a lot of people looking for friends on nike+
    So I decided to build a website where you can find people on nike+ based on their city, their sport etc...
    Check it out and tell me what do you think about it :
    http://wannabe.thefitstudent.com/
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    The sportsband makes for a nice watch.... lol havent figured out any other uses just yet
  • rkr22401
    rkr22401 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me (rkr22401). I ordered some custom Nike+ shoes that will arrive in January. I'll start adding your ID's and posting to Nike+ at that time. Look forward to your updates.
  • M0JALA
    M0JALA Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey guys i see every one or most people are putting their nike+ names out there so i will too i already added some of you guys so my user name for nike is M0JALA look me up