I've been gone for way too long

Options
Last year I started MFP in October (2011) and by this time in 2012 I had lost 71 pounds. Then my mom was diagnosed with cancer and I used her being sick as an excuse to fall off the wagon and not continue my journey. Instead I gorged on Hospital guacamole bacon cheeseburgers (which is a total oxymoron...why do they serve such things in a hospital cafeteria) and my fail-safe 44oz Pepsis.

Well, I'm back. My mom is better and my excuses are worthless. I joined nutrasystem to help me rid myself of my last excuse (there is no time).

The next hurdle is to get back on the scale and accept the damage I've done...

Replies

• Keeta83
    Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I too am back after a long reprieve and also gained some weight during that time. I started last year in October also and by late spring had lost and maintained 30 lbs and was working on strength training to tone and shape. Summer came and with that my exercising slowly dwindled down to nothing and the oh I can have a little more of that and one more glass of wine. So I'm back now and too ready to start again. Remember how far you have come and how great you felt while you were doing it...you are worth it!!!!
  • cdbravo
    cdbravo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I bit the bullet and hit the scale. It was hard watching that weight loss number on my ticker drop from 71lbs lost to 6lbs lost, but at least I didn't gain even more than I started with originallly.

We can do this...
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Sorry your mom was sick, but glad she is better.

Glad you are back, you did it once you can most certainly do it again

Keep working hard
  • helyla
    helyla Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Last year I lost 30 lbs and got down to a size I was happy with. Now only a few short months later I'm back up higher than I was when I started loosing weight. It's very defeating... but I'm back at it and determined. We can do this, we just have to stick with it!!
  • Pattinan
    Pattinan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Me too. Lost 40 last Dec-April then gained 39 :( I am back as well.
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Welcome back :) You did it before, you can do it again. Try and not be overwhelmed - One day at a time. One goal at a time. Lots of support here!
  • LilOlMe69
    LilOlMe69 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Glad Momma is doing better, and you are here! That's what really matters! ((hugs))