Here because I'm just plan old tired of being fat!

Options
I am a 40 year old female that has dealt with weight issues for as long as I can rememeber. The buck stops here! Today is a new day. Time for a new me!!! :drinker:

Replies

• TiaBay
    TiaBay Posts: 15
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new here too. The support is wonderful!!! You are going to love it!! :smile:
  • susanleasings
    susanleasings Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Yeyah!!! Good for you!!! Kick some booty!!! :)
  • jelainna
    jelainna Posts: 1
    Options
    Welcome to the "club"!:flowerforyou:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Here, here!!
  • MchelleBoise
    Options
    Way to go! This site is awsome and it has helped to keep me motivated as well as tracking my successes and failures. Best wishes to you!
  • MchelleBoise
    Options
    You CAN do it!! Dig In, Dig Deep, and Commit. You are in control of your success and your happiness and that is the most exciting thing. Beleive in yourself and you will see miracles happen!
  • ecabrera
    ecabrera Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Good luck to you. It's nice to see all the success stories and the encouragement we give/receive from each other.
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This place is great!!!
  • gking72
    gking72 Posts: 7
    Options
    Welcome and we are here to help and support you
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    hi there & welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • lgblack
    lgblack Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am 50 and was a late starter, so you are a smart lady to get started now!!! I am not much for adding people I don't know, so I guess I don't benefit as much from the 'support' aspect. But what this mfp has done for me is make me accountable. I log all my food intake, and can't help but feel guilty if I am consuming more calories than I should. I have really gotten into the fitness thing. Started off swimming 3x/week - laps and walking against the current of our 'lazy river'. Then added classes 2x/wk. Then got involved in TRX classes. Am doing a second session of those classes - and have since purchased our own sets to work out at home abit more. I am also taking Zumba classes 1x/wk. I just LOVE these. Soooo much fun, and you actually burn a ton of calories. How is that possible when doing something so fun!!!! So, by making fitness more a part of my everyday life, and watching those calories, I am down 15 of the 20 lbs I wanted to lose. Those last 5 just don't seem to want to leave...but perhaps because now I am carrying more muscle than fat. But I still don't like trying on bathing suits....so still have a way to go to firming up some ellusive areas!! Gets harder each decade you wait, so starting now is a great idea. Getting back into it at 50 is hard. Metabolism has slowed down so much and weight just kept on going on at a slow rate that I finally had to say "Stop!" Enough is enough. So welcome...and enjoy the journey. It wil be so fulfilling. You will get out of it what you put into it.....so don't shortchange yourself. You owe it to yourself!!
  • ailysp
    ailysp Posts: 69
    Options
    Welcome to the site, this place is great.:smile:
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Welcome to the best place for support, encouragement, tears, laughter, and finally SUCCESS!
  • angela75022
    angela75022 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Welcome... this is a great site... great friends and TONS of support :flowerforyou:
  • Kmichele74
    Kmichele74 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am glad you decided to take the first step! Now all you have to do is keep at it, don't give up no matter what. It is awesome that you reached out here for support. That can make all the difference. I am down 20 lbs since Feb, now I am trying to reduce my BF%. Feel free to email me for any assistance you may need: kristineasley@me.com
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    I hear that and say DITTO! Be diligent and hold yourself accountable and you can do this!
  • msbev05
    msbev05 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you to everyone.....Your support is welcome and greatly needed.