Look What You Can Do with a RICE COOKER

fitzie63
fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
Frittata
A delicious breakfast dish that's great no matter the time of day!

Prep: 5 Mins. Total: 50 Mins. Yield: Serves 2-4.
6 Eggs
4 oz of Shredded Cheese
16 oz of Santa Fe Style Frozen Vegetables
16 oz of Sausage Crumbles of Your Choice
1 tsp of Garlic Salt
1 tsp of Italian Seasoning

In a bowl whisk your eggs until fluffy. Add the rest of the ingredients and give it a good stir. Coat the inner pot of your rice cooker with cooking spray and pour in the egg mixture. Close the lid and set your rice cooker on the "White Rice" setting. Once ready the rice cooker will beep and you'll be ready to enjoy your easy-made, delicious frittata.

NOTE: pre-spray the inner pan first: I just threw together a frittata for ONE: 2 eggs (well beaten); 2 tbsp. 2% milk; 1 oz. finely chopped cheddar cheese stick; 1/4 cup each finely chopped green onion & fresh parsley; 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper; 14 grams pre-cooked crumbled bacon; 1 slice finely chopped Land o' Frost Canadian bacon; mixed herb seasoning (Kirkland) 1/3 tsp.; smoked paprika 1/3 tsp.; Tabasco Sweet & Spicy Sauce 1 tsp. Push the WHITE RICE button to start it cooking (then jumped in the shower while waiting).

Replies

• georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    It sounds delicious.
    If only I could eat eggs and cheese!
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    great idea! thank you!
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    You can also do this in a non-stick frying pan with a lid, though it won't beep when it's ready :)
  • fitzie63
    Had a nice, leisurely hot shower after starting the Rice Cooker, one serving frittata and ... it came out absolutely perfect.

@ significance: Yes, you CAN do the same thing in a non-stick frying pan with a lid.... but, the Digital Rice Cooker does not need to be watched over like a hawk.

The delicious frittata easily slid out on to the plate. No sticking to the pan at all. Easy clean up.
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    What else can you do with a rice cooker? Silly question but I BARELY ever use mine and would love some more ideas like this one! THank you for this as well, it sounds awesome!
  • horses7777
    horses7777 Posts: 165
    bump. :flowerforyou:
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Great idea!
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    bump
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    So I used my own ingredients, and My rice cooker only has two settings Cook and warm. I put it on cook and could here it sizzling and cooking away. Since I wanted to set it and forget it I put it on warm. Came back a few minutes later and it looked like this! Tasted amazing. Thanks for the idea.

1iy13r.jpg
  • fitzie63
    GO TO; www.aroma.com and click RECIPES.....breakfasts, soups, desserts, rice, chili, etc. Last night, I peeled and chopped up an apple, measured 1.5 cups of old fashioned oats (NEVER use quick oats in a rice cooker), added 2 cups water, tossed a bunch of cinnamon & a few ttwists of nutmeg. Then I set the delay timer for 10 hours. Woke up this morning to perfectly cooked, delicious spiced apple oatmeal.
  • kimholcomb
    kimholcomb Posts: 16 Member
    Can't wait to check out those recipes. Thanks for sharing.
  • regirom
    regirom Posts: 32 Member
    I have to try this! Thanks for sharing
  • Sandy3313
    Sandy3313 Posts: 140 Member
    bump....I use my rice cooker a lot or used to but now I can use it for this....looks yummy!
  • mgoetsch1982
    mgoetsch1982 Posts: 392 Member
    so cool!
  • hockey247
    hockey247 Posts: 118 Member
    What a great idea. I have just started to add different things to my rice cooker but never thought of eggs. I am going to go make some now!
  • erinroro
    erinroro Posts: 20
    My sister told me about this post so I had to come check it out! Great Idea - and I think my really small/cheap rice cooker might make enough for the hubby too! Thanks so much and Bump!!:flowerforyou:
  • zumbarock
    zumbarock Posts: 86 Member
    Bumping for a great idea and any other things to do with a rice cooker! Thanks.
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    bump
  • bump.thanks.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Im just sad I do not have a rice cooker. Sounds delish! :sad: