Resting Metabolic test - HELP!

Options
So... I had my RMR tested yesterday. I've been eating about 1400-1500 calories a day and have noticed that I'm gaining fat in the last few weeks. I run 20 or more miles a week and do HIIT body weight training at home, and as it turns out, I am not eating enough. Well, I tried to change my calories today (to match what my test said) and myfitnesspal tells me I am going to gain a pound a week! But I also can't seem to change my BMR/RMR to what it actually is, and the website estimates my BMR to be a lot lower than it is. What do I do?!!?

Replies

• scott1111111
    scott1111111 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I had mine measured as well. I ultimately just put the number of calories I wanted each day into MFP and ignored what it says about how much I will lose etc. I only use MFP for tracking purposes so my daily goal of 2300 calories is what i am shooting for and I use it to track that. I sometimes eat some of the exercise calories back but it is really just a tracker for me.

I wouldn't really worry about what it is telling you and just use it to keep track. As long as you are happy with your results.