Fitbit and driving

Options
So, is it true that it counts steps while you drive? How do you deal with this error? Thanks for any advice or information!

Replies

• dunge0n
    dunge0n Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's true. It counts step on movement. Where do you wear yours? I keep mine in my left pant pocket or wear it on my shirt. Maybe you have it on the right leg and while you switch between accelerator and brake it's registering movement?
  • DWF65203
    DWF65203 Posts: 10
    Options
    Not at all true - I drive 60 miles a day and it never counts anything.
  • Loosing4me
    Loosing4me Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Go to you activity record, select the driving activity, and log your start and stop times. It will deduct your steps on your dashboard, but not on the FB itself. Hope that helps!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on your vehicle. In my own vehicle it doesn't count enough to matter - if I take the bus or the train (pretty much anything bumpy) - I log it as an activity.
  • LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I don't have it yet. Just research and a lot of the negatives are counting steps while driving. I will get it and deduct steps via on-line if needed. Thank you!
  • Angie52732
    Angie52732 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've never noticed it when I drive....I did have a pedometer once that when we went for a motorcycle ride (about 2 hrs) it logged me at 13,000 steps - LOL

As far as the Fitbit I have found it fairly accurate - undauntingly so sometimes- and have never noticed any unusual activity when i am driving - I have never ridden the bus so can't speak to that fact

I am waiting for the flex to come out so I can replace my ultra - I want one that syncs with my phone directly instead of having to wait and have it sync with the computer and then sync to the phone

Good luck - I enjoy mine!
    Angie
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I wear my Zip on my bra or pants pocket, and I find it totally accurate. It's actually hard to make it record a step that isn't walking. I use a running GPS tested against my HRM and Fitbit is within 1% calories burned.
  • LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Wow Thank you for the info Sprint!
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I just got my fitbit one and was worried about that, too. In all the cars I've been in, it has never counted any steps. I checked every day for a week and it never added steps.
  • kaleohone
    kaleohone Posts: 86
    Options
    I just received my FItBit One 2 days ago and it's counting my driving as steps. I drive on a pretty bumpy road for about 2 hours and it's been logging a crazy amount of steps. BY the time I get to work, it says I walked 2,000 steps. UGH!! Not sure if I like that....
  • HuneeBunee08
    Options
    In my car its counts the vibrations from my music if i have it to loud, its only like a few extra steps tho
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    So, is it true that it counts steps while you drive? How do you deal with this error? Thanks for any advice or information!

Get your car's suspension checked ....
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I've had the ultra and now the one. I drive at least 50 miles per day and in a car that rides rough and on Orlando roads (which are horrendous!) I have never seen my fitbit log my drive time as steps or stairs. I wear it on my bra.
  • mrscruz625
    mrscruz625 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    on android you can download a drivebit app there is a start and stop button you use for driving.
  • sati18
    sati18 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    i got the zip and its pretty sccurate sctually.... only seems to log the speed bumps outside my office but apart from that nothing. there arent enough of them to make a difference to the calories