Green Tea Pills?

Options
Has one tried any kind of green tea pill to help with weight loss? I know drinking green tea can help but I was wondering if the green tea pills would help even more.

Replies

• Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    NO
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    the answer to your question is no. I tried them before. It made me realyl hyper and tired but I didn't lose weight with them.
  • italian_bella_xo
    Options
    I love green tea but never tried the pills. I have tired raspberry keytone and i feel like i get headaches more often now.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    NO

This save your money.

The .0000001% boost in metabolism isn't going to effect your weight loss.
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I take one every day for health benefits, since green tea is so good for you but isn't something I care to drink daily. I don't know if it's been helping with weight loss, but it doesn't seem like a bad idea to take them.
  • LAMypie
    LAMypie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I don't take them for weight loss, but I do take them to ward off migraine's. There's just enough caffeine to keep them at bay, but not so much to cause them. I don't know that they helped a lot with weight loss. I'd rather drink tea. Just like everything else it may work great for some and not at all for others.
  • darrellhenderson
    Options
    My GYN actually recommended the Mega-T green tea supplement. She said to be sure and get the caffeine free kind which can be a little harder to find.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I bought tea from Teavana, so its the raw herbs, not in those packets you get from the store, which I hear is better than using the tea bags themselves.

I had a bottle of Green Tea Pills since last year and never used it, however on Tuesday I finally decided to use it. I don't have the nervous ticks that you usually get from these pills, and the difference I believe is I work out using it, so I burn off a lot of the caffeine you would usually have from these pills.

I took only to have something to suppress my appetite, since starting it yesterday I haven't had that hungry feeling I usually get. That's all I need right now, because I am a muncher, and my will power isn't that great, it's getting better, but this helps

I am eating clean but want to eat only when suppose to and this helps me not feel hungry
  • Michelle81285
    Options
    Green tea helps with metabolism, I have tried the pills and didn't see a difference. A daily probiotic helps the metabolism a lot more efficiently!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    NO

This save your money.

The .0000001% boost in metabolism isn't going to effect your weight loss.
    exactly.
  • TheVoiceOfGodlove
    TheVoiceOfGodlove Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a brand that is combined with vitamin C. I used it mostly to boost immunity but it also had the bpnus effect of helping clear up some of my acne (even at 31, I still struggle with it). I don't know that it's done anything for my weight loss - but I haven't gotten really sick since using it - and I did escape the flu, recently, when all my friends had it.

A note to women - from what I have read and researched, green tea supplements are not safe to take while pregnant! It's isn't just the caffeine. There are natural chemicals in green tea that a lot of doctors recommend you avoid during pregnancy. I know not all OB-GYNs agree about this, but after suffering three miscarriages, I'd say to any pregnant woman: it's not worth the risk.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Caffeine based diet solutions are not good for people who have heart rate or arrhythmia issues or have trouble sleeping. If taking Sudafed type products for a cold make you jittery, I'd avoid other things that do as well. Caffeine is not my friend.
  • bshibs
    bshibs Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Green tea helps with metabolism, I have tried the pills and didn't see a difference. A daily probiotic helps the metabolism a lot more efficiently!

That's interesting. I actually have a bottle of probiotics.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

Do you have a bottle of exercise? That'll help the metabolism more than anything else. Honestly, there aren't magic "make my metabolism faster" pills out there. Lean muscle works wonders. Picking up heavy things is awesome.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Do you have a bottle of exercise? That'll help the metabolism more than anything else. Honestly, there aren't magic "make my metabolism faster" pills out there. Lean muscle works wonders. Picking up heavy things is awesome.

Nothing burns fat quite like muscles!
  • mefit87
    mefit87 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I tried green tea pills once and it made me feel REALLLLYYY shaky. I took them for about three weeks and had to stop them immediately. I also didn't see any results in the time frame that I took them. I don't recommend them :S