anybody on here using adipex?

Options
I took adipex years ago with good results. Only problem is I didn't keep the weight off. Now I am the heaviest I have ever been (except while pregnant). I got a treadmill last week and am walking a mile a day on it. But I was still eating too much so I started back on adipex yesterday. I know its not a magic pill and I can't take it forever. But I figured it would get me started losing weight. Has anybody else done it? What kind of long term results did you get?

Replies

• Regirl21
    Options
    I am currently taking it. There are a lot of negative reviews on this medication but I don't think it is too bad. I have been currently taking it for 2, almost 3 weeks. I did lose a lot of weight at first (it's slowed down some now but I am not taking the pill everyday anymore either so I don't know what effect that has on it). I would just be careful while taking it at first, at least until you know what side effects you will have. I can almost guarantee you will have dry mouth. Everyone I have talked to that's taken it has had dry mouth. The plus to this side effect is that you chug a LOT of water. And water never hurt anyone. It did curb my appetite A LOT. The only thing I would advise(from my experience) is to still eat, but just monitor what you eat. I think that's why a lot of people say they gain weight back so fast after stopping this pill. You may not feel hungry at all but I would still eat three meals a day. I get the impression that others just wouldn't eat at all and maybe they did lose lots of weight but when you stop it, your body will be hungry. When I first started, I noticed that I would start to feel kinda bad at certain times but then I figured it was because I wasn't eating enough so when I started feeling that way again, I would make sure I ate something good. Like I said, I still eat three meals a day and I am just getting over a cold (where I didn't take it for a few days) and I found that I wasn't hungry like before. I think my body just got used to eating the small meals 3 times a day. I was able to cut out ALL of my soda and still haven't picked it back up. That was a big plus for me. I haven't had any other side effects like others have had. Not trouble sleeping, no big bursts of energy, or anything like that. Everyone's experience is different. If you are needing that boost like you say, I would definitely look into it, just remember to eat and keep hydrated. I would also keep a check on blood pressure too, some have said there's increased. Mine didn't, but I don't know how your situation would be. Feel free to ask me anything! Good luck on it! :)
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I've been looking through a lot of adipex posts, and a lot of people have been very rude or hateful (though not on this one). I think its interesting some people are so quick to judge that anyone willing to take adipex is some kind of lazy fatty. I have eaten healthy my entire life, when I was a kid dessert was a glass of skim milk with a little bit of strawberry syrup, not twinkies. As an adult I stopped eating dessert entirely, I rarely get fast food (and when I do I change the rest of my day around that). Although until a year or so ago I was not monitoring my quantities so much, the quality of my food was good. About a year ago I started on MFP because I couldn't believe what I looked like in photographs. I lost 30 lbs between May 2012 and Sept 2012. Since then I have been eating no more than 1440 net calories/day and working out 3-5x/week. I have not lost more than a pound or two of real weight, just shifted a few pounds around here and there. With the way I eat and my activity it should be flying off. So yes, my doctor put me on adipex this week. Today is my second day. I certainly have more energy, and yesterday when I ate what could be considered a very small dinner (salad and a bowl of soup) I was positively STUFFED, like uncomfortably stuffed. Using available resources to get past a plateau is nothing to be ashamed of, particularly if plateaus have led you to give up before. Although I have severely decreased my caloric intake over the past year, I have been eating even less with adipex, though it is important to make sure you are eating at least a few times a day. Good luck, but just make sure you are watching what you eat and working out as well!
  • bellalyfe
    bellalyfe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been taking it on and off for 3 years, it helps me lose, not so much a fan of some of the side effects. but if you want to lose weight quick it gets the job done. cant complain. my mom and sister introduced it to me.
  • kimberly6106
    Options
    I just started it yesterday. I have been dieting and exercising for several months and lost only a couple pounds. I have had surgery on both legs so intensive cardio is out for me. I am really hoping this will help me get going. I work out 4-5 times a week for 60-75 mins, just lower intensity because of my surgeries. I get a very slight fuzzy feeling from it. Does anyone else have this?