Tall gals....

Options
I am looking for some fitness tops. Preferably wicking material with a supportive built in bra, in a tank style. Problem is, I am 5'10, and have a long torso. I got a hand-me-down adidas shirt that I like (it is supportive, cut nice, not too low cut that I give the neighborhood a show on my run) but it seriously barely covers my rib cage. OK if I am standing around, but I am not really okay with my tummy jiggling while I am jogging. I have had similar problems with the limited stores I have in town. Anyone know of any brands that runs a bit longer in fitness clothes? Much appreciated!

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    hmmm... I run in mostly nike stuff, they have some nice short sleeve ones that are long and I wear a small... sometimes I do have to get a medium just so its longer though, as far as the bra tops I also have a couple nike small ones and they are long enough on me and I'm 5'10'' by the way... I also have a couple cheap target ones by champion that are pretty nice. I feel like it just depends on the style and cut not necessarily the brand, you just kind of have to look and go through trial and error unfortunately, good luck!

~Leash :heart:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I am looking for some fitness tops. Preferably wicking material with a supportive built in bra, in a tank style. Problem is, I am 5'10, and have a long torso. I got a hand-me-down adidas shirt that I like (it is supportive, cut nice, not too low cut that I give the neighborhood a show on my run) but it seriously barely covers my rib cage. OK if I am standing around, but I am not really okay with my tummy jiggling while I am jogging. I have had similar problems with the limited stores I have in town. Anyone know of any brands that runs a bit longer in fitness clothes? Much appreciated!
    Target carries C9 by champion and I think they may be long enough!!
  • KaroPharmD
    Options
    i just got some gabby reece by danskin tops @ walmart. they are a good 2 inches longer than my other danskin tops, have a nice thick t-strap in back and a built in shelf "bra" for extra support (of course i wear an exercise bra underneath). also has just a pinch of gathering on the front chest, makes for a nicer look. i am only 5' 7", but the top covers most of my rear end and does not ride up! i love them.
  • PhabPhilo
    PhabPhilo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my daughter is 5'11. I bought some things at Walmart in tall proportion and ****s. But I also shop online at Long Elegant Legs http://www.tallwomensclothes.com/.