P90X versus 30 Day Shred

Options
I have no idea which to get. Doing my googling research but what do you all think? Which is more bang for the buck?

I am home more often these days so I need a DVD I can use that will just get me into decent shape but I can only get one DVD>

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Never tried P90X but results from that (in addition to eating healthy of course) looks promising

It depends.. are you a beginner or advanced? How much time do you have to dedicate? Do you have the mental mindfulness to do more than 30 minutes a day or is 25 minutes more attainable?

Those are some questions to ask yourself. I LOVE 30 Day Shred, it helped me get ready for longer workouts and got rid of inches quick!
  • ramonafrincu
    ramonafrincu Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Started with the shred, I will finish Sunday and Monday I will start p90x. The shred helped me to get in better shape so I can do a longer workout. I had a pick at p90x and is not easy but I am sure I will love it.:)
  • helplesslyhappy
    Options
    Thanks for both of your comments. I'm going to go with 30Day Shred first then if I find I can move onto a bigger challenge the P90X workout.

I want to workout for 40 mins a day and I'm intermediate...not beginner and not advanced.
  • Gordo1981
    Gordo1981 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I think other people on the forums have said things like 30DS can be found on youtube too.

If you have a blu-ray player with Wifi or internet connected TV these might work. Even a laptop in a pinch..?
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    I have done both. I started out with 30DS but found that it was not long enough for me. With my thyroid problem I need to work out 45-60 minutes a day. So I moved to P90X and have had the best results. The great thing about P90X though is you can just modify the moves until you can really do them. Tony even says through out modify modify modify. Also, I like that you can put P90X on silent with cues only. Then I can jam to my own music while working out instead of listening to them talk. LOL! Good luck!
  • KarlaKennedy84
    KarlaKennedy84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i am doing the 30 day shred and love it but can i ask how do i add it to my tracker its 25 mins but of what? strength?, cardio? circuit training? or do i add each part seperate ie abs, cardio and strength as seperate work outs for the time you do them.

confussed.com
  • helplesslyhappy
    Options
    I hope someone can help answer your question about adding it to the tracker. I need to know too!

And thanks for the comments. Been very helpful. I'll look for it on youtube and yes I have Roku on the TV and stream video through that. How do I get youtube on Roku?

But I kind of want to get the P90X too...and I'm not sure where to find it other than DVD?
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    I broke down and purchased a heart rate monitor. I did not trust MFP's calorie burn or I could not find the exercise. HRM was a great investment. I found I was logging to high of calories using MFP. I don't know where to find it other than DVD. I do know people who find friends that have the set and then burn copies (but would never encourage this since I think it is illegal :wink: )
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Since you can get 30D Shred for free on you tube, it is the most bang for the buck Try it out. If you have been working out regularly, it probably won't be very challenging, though.

Also, check your local library for DVDs.
  • FallingInLoveWithMe
    FallingInLoveWithMe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    30ds hurt
  • onandoff
    onandoff Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i am doing the 30 day shred and love it but can i ask how do i add it to my tracker its 25 mins but of what? strength?, cardio? circuit training? or do i add each part seperate ie abs, cardio and strength as seperate work outs for the time you do them.

confussed.com

You can add it as a circuit training, that's what it is.
  • KarlaKennedy84
    KarlaKennedy84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

confussed.com

You can add it as a circuit training, that's what it is.

thanks i thought that is it just 25 mins of circuit training you put down?