WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME????

Options
2»

Replies

• Kisha352
    Kisha352 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I am in the same BOAT! I feel like no matter what I do I can't get to 240! Sometimes you just need to pick yourself up and keep on trucking! Smiles Kisha
  • cdreher31
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I feel like every time I make progress, I sabotage it somehow. So, ask yourself where your trouble spots are(mine are munching on food that happens to be around the office, and late night eating) and focus on those things. Research has found that some people are limiters, and some people are abstainers (meaning can you limit yourself to just a little of something, or is it actually easier to give it up all together). I am definitely an abstainer!! It's so much easier for me to say "I will not eat anything that could be considered junk food" than to say "I will have a small handful of these chips and then stop".

And remember, you are not alone. Half the country is in the same boat!
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    HI! Don't be discouraged I know it's easier said than done. What I would recommend is taking a step back and reevaluating your diet. I know you said that you wrote down everything that you were eating? I understand that you are probably using MFP to keep track which is a good thing. What types of food are you eating? How much physical activity are you getting? What are your goals? The secret to success is a combination of nutrition and exercise along with support, motivation and accountability. With your permission I would be more than willing to help you. Personally I had a hysterectomy and I know that hormones can play a major part in weight gain/loss. Your not in this alone so don't beat yourself up over it, because many of us at one point in time have been in your position. The main thing now is not to look back but to move forward. We can't do anything about the past but we are in charge of our future. Take care. I am going to send you a friend request.
    Lisa
  • Ali2165
    Ali2165 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    first of all - give yourself some love. then - try breaking your day down into manageable chunks. Some days for me it's hours - sometimes it's minutes! you can do this.:smooched:
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Howdy.. I had a hysterectomy many years ago and I couldn't wait to have it done. But you have to remember that it took years for us to put on this weight so it's going to take time to get it off. I have been a yo-yo dieter to many times to mention. Last year though, my attitude about this changed. I no longer look at this as a diet, this for me is a life style change. Just like with any change it can take months to get it right, not just physically but mentally. Sometimes our goals for weight loss is to high and we need to tone it down some or we will always feel less then when we eat to much in a day.

There is nothing wrong with you. As a mom and a "fixer" we sometimes put other peoples need in front of our own and we have to learn that we cannot always do that. Your health is your priority. You can't be a good mom if your health is not good, I learned the hard way with that too.

What I've learned from my health coach of last year. Set your calorie goals and track, track, track. It don't mean that I give up a lot of the things that I love to eat. I love cola, so now instead of drinking a bottle, I drink a can. I love fried chicken, so I just don't eat a lot of it during the week. I love ice cream but don't buy 1/2 gallons. I try to find the single serving kind like Skinny Cow. As you can tell, I don't deprive myself, I just have smaller portions and I got off the couch and made time for working out. I had readjust my time clock to get up a 1/2 hour early to start working out. I split my work outs 1/2 hour in the morning, 1/2 or more in the evening. I love Walking Away the Pounds, you can do those in 15 minutes increments.

Trust me you will figure it out and stop beating yourself up. Everyone have bad days when that extra helping or sweet tooth kicks in. For me, I don't feel guilty at all...hahahaha. I just know that if I have it, then I have to work out a little bit longer or just do better the next day. We all just have to get back on the horse the next day and get back to being focus. My method may take me longer to get the weight off but I am losing inches and my outlook is much more sunnier then it used to regarding being healthy. Surrounding yourself with people who support you is an extra bonus. On here, we all have been through it at some level.

Sorry for writing a letter...hahahaha. Just mainly wanted to let you know that you are not alone on this journey and if someone in your personal life isn't supporting you, then log on here and you will have more then you know what to do with...hahahahaha. They say losing 1-2 pounds a week is the healthy way to go. Sometimes you may lose more because of your work outs and eating and sometimes you won't lose anything...just keep on going, it will eventually come off.
  • aprillee2580
    Options
    I know it's hard! Trust me if anyone does its me! I started at 271, and now I am down to 240.5. I just keep myself on a 1500 calorie a day diet and try to walk twice a week. Once it warms up I will walk more. You can still eat what you want, but within your calories. IT WORKS! I am proof! Don't give up!!! Healthy recipes are on here as well. They are helpful.
  • ladydockins
    ladydockins Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Definitely be patient, I get frustrated too sometimes and then I remember it took me years to put this much weight on, it's not going to go away over night, so I tell myself to stay vigilant and optimistic :)
  • jdawn44
    jdawn44 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im getting frustrated as well. Ive been at this for probably 6 weeks and have lost 7 pounds but no matter what I do I cant lose anymore.what can I do?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Im getting frustrated as well. Ive been at this for probably 6 weeks and have lost 7 pounds but no matter what I do I cant lose anymore.what can I do?

Start a thread perhaps, open your diary, give your stats and maybe someone can help you.
  • ChristieDF
    ChristieDF Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Today was awesome!!! I haven't felt this good in a long time. I felt that drive to do what needed to be done. When I took my 15 min break I got on the stationary bike and took off. I'm working 16 hours and I feel great. Thank you all!! God Bless!!!
  • jljshoe1979
    jljshoe1979 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time! Think of it this way--you wouldn't forget to brush your teeth one morning and then just decide, "CRAP! I blew it! I'm never brushing my teeth again! I give up!"

Just every time you have a choice, try to make the healthy choice. And then make the NEXT healthy choice, and on and on.

Love that analogy...I'm going to use it next time it's applicable.
  • ChristieDF
    ChristieDF Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    If any of you check this I would really like to thank each and every one of you. I have been working my butt off. Thanks again!!
  • bblumenstock
    bblumenstock Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you Chrissie - I am new to this and some days I feel the same way - today was really a hard day!! Reading your post and the responses from everyone else also helped me. Thank You and keep going we can do this !
  • MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi Christie
    Don't give up!! If you need to cry give yourself a minute..but don't stay there.... Please add me..
    WE ALL CAN DO THIS!!!
    It takes a village to lose weight :)
  • pinkcloudrising
    Options
    You are exactly where you need to be right now. If you want to lose weight, you can. You need to do something very simple and that is to change the things you are telling yourself about not being able to do it because you can. You are not unique or different than anyone else in the world and if people can lose 200 lbs, 500 lbs, 120 lbs without surgery or any unhealthy behavior such as bulimia and anorexia, you can too.

You are still a young woman. If you want to and are willing to do the hard work of cutting the amount of calories you eat every day then I can guarantee you will lose weight. You don't say how much you have to lose but it doesn't matter whether it is 10 or 1000, it is simple: cut down on the amount of food you eat.

This site has some wonderful tools that will assist you in losing weight but you have to use them consistently in order for them to work. You don't have to starve. You don't have to limit, restrict or deny. You do have to do some work though and it is hard work. There will be days when it feels harder than others, and there will be days when you will ask yourself, 'what was I crying about? this is so easy'.

There is no easier softer way. If there was, I'd have tried it. I've tried all of it -- starving, throwing up, chewing and spitting, restricting eating certain foods, not eating certain categories of food, laxatives, diet pills, diet drinks, fasts, cleanses, african miracle this, asian miracle that, tahitiian noni juice, samoan crying flower tea, apple cider vinegar, vitamins, supplements, not eating after dark, not eating breakfast, eating one meal a day, eating grapefruits only, cabbage only, apples only, fruit only, vegetables only, protein only, no carbs, acupuncture, acupressure, herbs, tinctures, whatever. Every. single. Short Cut Imaginable. None of it has worked. Nothing has worked. None of it.

What has worked for me is being willing. Willing to succeed and to fail. Fall once, get up twice. What has worked is being honest and open minded. What has worked most is sticking with it. You can't lose weight if you aren't trying. You may have to try harder than you are now but you can't give up. Stick with it. You are so worth it.
  • searchingforme
    searchingforme Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Keep going! I have 2 kids and had a hysterectomy the day before my 40th birthday. :( I got the same way and sometimes I am fighting that still. I am taking it one day at a time and just trying to focus on the nutrition side. even if I don't lose weight every week, atleast I am headed in the right direction. Hopefully you will be back on track soon. You can do it! Add me as a friend if you want more support.
  • aniadas
    aniadas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time! Think of it this way--you wouldn't forget to brush your teeth one morning and then just decide, "CRAP! I blew it! I'm never brushing my teeth again! I give up!"

Just every time you have a choice, try to make the healthy choice. And then make the NEXT healthy choice, and on and on.

What an amazing analogy! I needed that today! I was on a verge of quitting today since I'm on this site for about 6 weeks and lost 3 pounds in the 1st 3 weeks but nothing since. I felt like there was something wrong with me as well. I see so many people being so successful and losing weight every week and I'm struggling. Reading all of your posts here makes me feel a little better that I'm not the only one going 1 step forward and 2 steps back but I guess the key is to just keep going.