Mearly To Chat

Options
This is just to chat ^^ Boooooooooored ^^

Replies

• JRaeZins
    JRaeZins Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    We are having a snow day here in Indiana. Just luv a spring snow fall!
  • StPattiesKitty
    Options
    We are supppose to have snow in NC but I haven't checked the weather since last night ^^ I was planning to do gardening today till I unlocked the door and the wind swung it into my face :laugh: I hurt and was cold and just said, you know what indoor yoga sounds better today ^^ :smile:
  • KrystalLight03
    Options
    I'm working on a playground design project for the Kibera slum in Nairobi. The space constraints are getting on my last dang nerve.
  • StPattiesKitty
    Options
    I'm working on a playground design project for the Kibera slum in Nairobi. The space constraints are getting on my last dang nerve.

That sounds AWESOME! And a little irritating LOL ^^ :happy:
  • KrystalLight03
    Options

That sounds AWESOME! And a little irritating LOL ^^ :happy:

I like to think it's pretty awesome. One of my favorite professors is the director of a non-profit organization called Play360, and their mission is to build sustainable playgrounds from local materials for children in the developing world because play is essentially the greatest part of childhood development and most schools don't have them. Their playgrounds also have educational value, provide income for the towns and villages they're built in, and they've recently designed merry-go-rounds that charge small generators and lanterns the kids can take home. It's really all about giving the children an incentive for going to school, as most kids drop out before 3rd grade because their families need them to work. These are some of the playgrounds they've built in the last year or so (in Laos, Zanzibar, and Thailand)

483596_473515406024418_478948424_n_zps3caaea7e.jpg

644075_420953324625450_1862492972_n_zps63108ef8.jpg

545500_420953341292115_1518607657_n_zpsffe59a4b.jpg