casserole

Options
I made what is called a bean burrtio casserole home made by weight watcher?? brown ricem FF shredded cheese, lean ground turkey, diced onion, diced canned tomatoes with green chiles, tomatoe paste, taco seasoning,water. I want to look something close up any help would be great. Thanks. need the calorie count and all that.

Replies

• dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    When I make homemade meals (everyday) I goto sparkpeople and enter in the ingrediants and it will ask you how many it serves and give you a nutrition label per serving. then I come here and create a new food and enter in the info.

kind of a long process but till MFP gets a recipe builder thats all I can do
  • sandrabutterfly
    Options
    use this website
    it is the best for homemade recipes

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php
  • jmegan22
    jmegan22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious! I <3 Mexican Food :)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I made what is called a bean burrtio casserole home made by weight watcher?? brown ricem FF shredded cheese, lean ground turkey, diced onion, diced canned tomatoes with green chiles, tomatoe paste, taco seasoning,water. I want to look something close up any help would be great. Thanks. need the calorie count and all that.

Some of us might need the recipe for that:wink::laugh: care to share?:tongue:

Hope you got the into you needed on the nutrition site:flowerforyou:
  • tavander
    tavander Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Recipe please?
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    FOR THOSE OF YOU WANTING THE RECIPE

1 spray(s) cooking spray
    1 cup(s) canned yellow corn, drained, or frozen, thawed corn kernels
    1 Tbsp canned green chili peppers, chopped, mild or hot
    15 oz canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
    1 cup(s) cooked brown rice, fresh or day old
    3/4 cup(s) shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese
    3/4 cup(s) fat-free sour cream
    1/4 tsp chili powder
    1/4 tsp table salt
    1/8 tsp black pepper
    2 Tbsp scallion(s), chopped (dark green part only)
    2 Tbsp shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 2-quart glass baking dish with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine corn, chilies, beans, rice, 3/4 cup of cheese, sour cream, chili powder, salt and pepper; stir in scallions.

Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons of cheese. Return to oven and bake until cheese melts and casserole is slightly bubbly, about 10 minutes more. Let stand for 5 minutes to firm up before slicing into 6 pieces. Yields 1 piece per serving.

Change the beans or cheese to your liking: white or black beans, reduced-fat cheddar or Monterey Jack cheeses all work well.

If you want to brown the cheese more, place the dish (make sure it's broiler safe) under the broiler for a minute or two.

POINTS® Value: 4
    Servings: 6
    Preparation Time: 15 min
    Cooking Time: 40 min
  • mclark1588
    mclark1588 Posts: 28
    Options
    different recipe that mine but it will work. I will post my later!! Thanks for the help.