Hungry

Options
lTlasha
lTlasha Posts: 33 Member
I have read a lot of the posts that have been written about eating the calories that you exercise.. but I was just wondering what you guys think of a situation where, on a day like today I was over my intake and worked extra hard during my workout to meet my goals ( although, I still am over in my Fat). Now I am feeling hungry and can not get the thought of a snack out of my head.. what do you guys think I should do, find a low-cal, low-fat snack or not eat for the rest of the night? Any advice would be appreciated, so that I can figure out how to handle this situation on any given day.

Thanks!!

Replies

• LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    As long as it's not too late in the day, going for a healthy filling snack is probably a good idea.
    I would say you're hungry because you worked hard.
  • hannah_lin
    hannah_lin Posts: 54
    Options
    I wish I had some good advice... but I struggle with the same problem. My advice for the future is don't eat as many fat cals and try to eat more protein and fiber-- they are much more filling than fat.
  • bbeland01
    bbeland01 Posts: 9
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself of a snack it will just make you over indulge later on. Just make it a healthy one
  • tibetanmonkey
    Options
    When in doubt, grab a carrot stick. :) If you want something sweet, make it a banana... it will help curb your craving and also help you recover from a hard workout. Best of luck!
  • Bernadette69
    Options
    I would prefer to go over on protein and fiber than fat. Try eating more protein.
  • Dancey30
    Dancey30 Posts: 8
    Options
    I just had the same question today. I talked to one of my advisers and she said it was ok to be hungry after working out. It means your body is burning the calories you ate. She also said to eat a little more protein. But later in the evening meat may be too heavy to try and go for some dry roasted nuts (unstalted) or some fruit. I was just hungry for something sweet and got really lucky and had a great canteloupe.
  • jazzrocker
    Options
    You can have a healthy snack as long as it's not too late. Something healthy with protein, try Ants on a Log, a celery stick with peanut butter and raisins on top. Also drink something with electrolytes (like Gatorade or propel) after working out.
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    I'd just have a half a piece of fruit or maybe a handfull of peants in the shell!
  • lTlasha
    Options
    Thank you guys for all the suggestions, I am trying to correct my diet so that I have a healthy amount of all the things needed!
  • JudithV
    JudithV Posts: 2
    Options
    Try rice cakes, taste like **** but there are some flavored ones you might enjoy.:flowerforyou:
  • lTlasha
    Options
    Lol, I will have to buy some. Thanks for the advice mom!!
    :heart: