turbo fire vs elliptical

Options
so i really been looking into this program called turbo fire from beach body and its looks awsome. i do zumba 5 days a week and i see it as an intense zumba . i just wanted to try somthing new . last night i was also thinking the elliptical would also give me good results because it did before but it broke so i couldnt work out on it anymore . idk what to buy . i really want turbo fire but im not sure if ill see the results like i would on an elliptical. anyone has tried turbo fire ? how were your results ? thanks

Replies

• marta07
    marta07 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    nobody ?
  • amanda1266
    Options
    Both will burn calories which is your goal.. I would suggest going with whichever one you will stick with. Doing just the elliptical might get boring to some.
  • marta07
    marta07 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Both will burn calories which is your goal.. I would suggest going with whichever one you will stick with. Doing just the elliptical might get boring to some.

yeah youre right turbo fire looks more fun
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I do have TF and I love it. I also have an elliptical and I love it too. Two completely different workouts. TF is an intense and fun workout. As far as results, I can't give the credit to TF because I do many different things. You're going to get results no matter what you do as long as you put the effort in. The important thing is do something you like and have fun doing. I definately have more fun doing TF than the elliptical.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    They are both cardio exercises... do the one that you will work the hardest at and stick with the longest.
  • chrisosgood
    Options
    I have TF and I loooove it. I would call it a danced up version of cardio kickboxing. Still you need to go with what you like and will stick wtih. Good luck!!
  • merapp9
    merapp9 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'd mix it up and do both! TF and the elliptical...that way you're constantly changing things! It'll be good for you! :)
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Go with TurboFire! It's AWESOME! Be sure to do the "new to class" option for the first week or so to get the moves down. The music is so motivating.

You actually have FUN working out!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried Turbofire but I'm very anti-elliptical so go with TurboFire. When it comes down to it, its all about what you like better
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire. It is super fun and I had great results with it.
  • LauRoxx
    LauRoxx Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    love love LOVE turbofire!!! I literally have never found a dvd program I have enjoyed until this. I did the original turbo jam, the firm, insanity, etc. and hated it but the intensity combined with the fun music in Turbofire is RIIIIGGGHHHTTTT up my alley. When I'm in a pinch I will do heavy intervals on an elliptical, but even so the movement is so controlled and repetitive (even with resistance and incline) it just doesn't do much for me once I've done it about 2 times.

My vote is TURBOFIRE ALL THE WAY!!!!! Please please please try it :D
  • LauRoxx
    LauRoxx Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    but quick note, with at home programs it's way better to get a HR monitor so you can properly calculate your calories! It's up to you and how intense you decide to do it that determines what you burn.
  • Mrsmorman
    Mrsmorman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Check out youtube for reviews and results on turbofire. A lot of people on there have posted their before and after results.
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I have Turbo Fire and a treadmill (not elliptical but same concept). I do turbo fire more...it is definitely more fun. If you like zumba, you should like TF
  • Ashleysh22
    Ashleysh22 Posts: 209
    Options
    I have Turbo Fire and a treadmill (not elliptical but same concept). I do turbo fire more...it is definitely more fun. If you like zumba, you should like TF

I have to agree. I have so much more fun doing Turbo Fire. and it is a cardio kickboxing dancing mix - so it should be up your ally with zumba! I'm starting Turbo on Sunday and am putting together a group on facebook to do it with me! super excited!
  • AllAboutThatTreble
    AllAboutThatTreble Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    TurboFire! It's super fun, Chalene is so motivating and the music is surprisingly good! I find myself humming it throughout the week .
  • razzyjazz
    razzyjazz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 8th day of TurboFire and I love it! I have purchased an heartmoniter and I'm burning around 350-500 calories with some of the videos. I'm down 8 pounds since I've started but I'm trying to burn between 600-800 calories a day.

I'm not a machine type of girl I enjoy the classes/ videos and I feel they burn just the same.

Wait till you do the HIT videos( from TurboFire) they work your butt off!!!
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Good friend of mine loves Turbo Fire. she likes hers. She has also had excellent results.